News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Hillsborough Hog Days

Started by Rhino 21150, June 19, 2005, 04:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhino 21150

The annual car show was Saturday the 18th. I wasnt paying close attention to the awards ceremony as I was staring at a 1967 Aston Martin. But I did hear that the 1942 Series 61 came in second in prewar cars. It was one of three Caddys there. The winner was a 1932 Packard Light Eight trailer queen. Didnt anyone notice that all the intake parts were Powder coated? Not accurate, but certainly was gorgeous! The Caddy was very original. I have pics, but I still use film. Ill post them on flikr when they return.
The other two Caddys were a 1974 Hearse called "Heelraiser" (sic), owned by a fraternity at nearby UNC. The third was an unrestored 1974 limo. Didnt get many details on them, owners no where to be found.
Notable for their absense this year were the1934(?) REO Flying Cloud and the 1933 Terraplane. Their owners didnt look so good last year, hope all is well.