News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1956 engine colors?

Started by Mike, July 21, 2005, 12:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Anybody know what the correct colors shd be for block/valve covers, air cleaner? Ive seen both light Cad blue and dark Cad blue being used in various combinations, but am not sure. Parts book and Shop manual dont indicate from what I can see.   Thanks.

wm link

The color should be a VERY, very dark blue, midnight blue. The air breather is black.

mike

Thanks Wm.; I have painted everything the dark Caddy blue, but I didnt know the air cleaner was black.  Thanks again!(would you happen to know if the oil filter and pwr steering reservoir are black as well?....Ive seen some painted blue but I dont thnk thats correct)

Doug Houston

The engine block and housings were blue. I used to use a 1946 Nash blue(!)Forgot the name.
The generator, starter, power steering pump and reservoir are black. The oil filter was blue. You probably think its nutty, but the fuel filter is mounted upside down.

wm link

The oil filter housing was black in 1956, I had an all original 56 Fleetwood to refer to.