News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Special Edition late model Devilles

Started by Bill Biche, July 23, 2005, 08:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Biche

I am interested in acquiring a 02, 03, 04 Deville. Did the factory make any Special or Limited Edition models in those years. Models for a group of dealers or for a specific geographic area or for some theme.

Did the factory authorize any limited modifications by an after market supplier?

Please contact me by Email or the General Discussion Forum

Thanks

Bill

Craig Chally

Dear Bill,

The only limited edition model I know of that was factory authorized was the DES (DeVille Executive Sedan).  Basically a stretched DHS with some extra frills in the back for the busy corporate type.  I cant think many were produced.  Good luck.

Craig

Bill

Craig,
Thanks for the input. Must be for the same market as the factory streched Lincoln Town car available over the past few years.
Not what Im looking for.
Bill

David #19063

Hello Bill,

If you are looking at getting a more special or rare DeVille of that vintage, I would suggest finding a low mileage DTS as it has the 300 hp engine vs. the 275.  The Dts also has H speed rated tire and a higher top speed as the DeVille is governed at a lower top speed.

Plus, it has many features standard that are not optional on the DeVille such as the preforated leather seats, rear seat lighted visors, 3.71 transaxel (vs. the DeVilles 3.11).  It

Also, for rarity, I would look for one with the NightVision.  Personally, I would like a DTS with the NightVision as well.  The NightVision was redesined in 2001 and has a larger lens and a protective grill over it for rocks.

The DHS also has many features, however, it has the same performance as the DeVille and it does not have the  higher performance modifications of the DTS.

Good Luck!

David

Dave Smith

Check out this link.   E&G classics has been doing packages for Cadillac dealers for years.  They have roof and grill packages.

http://www.egclassic.com/roofs/cadillac/roofcadillac.php TARGET=_blank>http://www.egclassic.com/roofs/cadillac/roofcadillac.php

David