News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

what a shame

Started by Doug, January 07, 2006, 02:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porter 21919

Barry,

Agreed, to quote Spiro Agnew , they are "nattering nabobs of negativism", a pointless waste of time.

One of the reasons the general discussion forum was created, to absorb this type of critique of a Cadillac for sale, however long the discussion will be or for whatever purpose it serves.

Not that there is anything wrong with pointing out the various discrepancies or what the true value of the car is, but it is not like these old Cadillacs are flying off the shelves, nor perfect in all respects, anyone is lucky to find a solid car, worthy of correct restoration, 50 years old mind you, for whatever price you are willing to pay.

Always enjoy your comments,

Porter

Lou 19028

Though it is true,we shouldnt throw stones. This is a blatant case of "trumping" up a car. When someone makes the claims that this seller did, those of us "in the know" are compelled to respond. You wrote that non and new members would feel intimidated by our ridicule.. I believe the opposite is true. Our post in regards to this car will show new members that this could be a very good place to come for correct information in regards to the claims that some people make when it comes to selling cars... Please read the sales info from this guy. We owe it to any potential Cadillac owner to call "a Duck a Duck"

FINISHED IN GORGEOUS FACTORY  CAMELOT GRAY WITH MATCHING RED LEATHER INTERIOR,,****BEAUTIFULLY RESTORED THROUGHOUT***,, THE INTERIOR IS AS BEAUTIFUL AS WHEN IT WAS BRAND NEW,,THE LEATHER IS SOFT AND SUPPLE AND ALL TRIM IS JUST ABOUT PERFECT,,THE DASH CHROME IS GORGEOUS,WITH NO SIGNS OF RUST OR PITTING,,THE PAINT IS VERY NICE,,THE CHROME IS EXCELLENT,,THE FIT AND FINISH OF THE DOORS,HOOD AND TRUNK IS EXCELLENT AS WELL,,I CANT FIND ANY SIGNS OF DAMAGE OR REPAIR,,THE CONVERTIBLE TOP IS JUST OK,,NO RIPS OR TEARS AND THE REAR WINDOW IS LIKE NEW, BUT AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PHOTOS IT IS SOMEWHAT SHRUNK ON THE SIDES,,LOOKS GOOD UNDERNEATH TOO,,, NO RUST OR DAMAGE,,

MECHANICALLY STRONG AS IT SHOULD BE,,RUNS AND DRIVES AND SHIFTS GREAT,, SOUNDS NICE AND DEEP,,TRACKS STRAIGHT AND TRUE,,  AUTRONIC EYE,,FULL POWER AND EVERYTHING WORKS,,

EXTREMELY RARE,,,THERE IS ONLY 1 57 ELDO FOR SALE IN THE U.S.,,AND IT IS NOT AS NICE AS MY CAR,,,AND THE ASKING PRICE IS $105,000,,,NO KIDDING,,,AND THERE IS NOT EVEN 1 56 ELDO BIARRITZ CONVERTIBLE FOR SALE,, IF YOU ;HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THESE CARS FOR THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS,,I HAVE SOLD 3 57 ELDO BIARRITZ CONVERTIBLES AND 1 RED  56 ELDO,,,AND NOW THIS IS MY LAST ONE,,,THESE CARS ARE HEADED FOR THE $100,000 MARK VERY SOON...SO DONT LOSE THIS CAR,,EMAIL QUESTIONS OR CALL ME DURING THE DAY  AT  954 647 7095 AND GOOD LUCK BIDDING

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Right on Barry,

I confess that I am one of the people that have been "pointing" out non-original parts on this car, but the seller was trying to sell the car as a restored vehicle, and it is a pity that such a car could be sold as it was described to possibly an unsuspecting person.

It would be nice if the seller could see this, and re-write the spiel so that a true description could be presented for potential buyers to read.  

It is a pity that there wasnt such a thing as "Truth in Advertising" part in Ebay.   This would encourage people to be "up Front" and not make stupid claims that cant be proven.

I would gladly put a couple of pictures of my car on the site for people to pick and pull to bits, but there isnt enough web-space for all the comments that would come forth.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Dear Brucie...I am sure that along with the pictures, you would, yourself, point out any shortcomings, as would the other regular respondents on the site about their cars. Also, I totally agree that the seller should have been more accurate in his maunderings. He may have been looking thought the rose colored glasses I always seem to have on when I BUY a car...
 As always, I try to look at all points of view when I go off on a long winded reply, and to be honest, I have done the very same things I chided the respondents as doing. It just seemed to be getting a little long winded. After all, the tail lamps WERE red, and the tires were more or less round on all sides. What more can one expect these days?

Belated best wishes for the New Year to all.