News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Running boards

Started by Rich Gagliardi #21688, April 11, 2006, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Gagliardi #21688

HI I am looking for someone to restore my 1939 lasalle 5019 4dr.
sed. running boards I tried Precision rubber but no answer or return e-mail mybe he is on vacation,is there any other co. that do this.
      Thanks Rich.

Geoff Newcombe #4719

Hi Rich,
Check this website ..... http://www.runningboardmats.com/index.html TARGET=_blank>http://www.runningboardmats.com/index.html
  then on the left side of the page click on Authentic looking through there I see board rubber for a 1940 LaSalle, maybe they can help.  
Regards, Geoff Newcombe

Geoff Newcombe #4719

Oooooops!  Rereading your post I see youve already tried them, sorry.

Rich Gagliardi #21688

Is there any one else out there or should I start a new
     business.Please help.

Thanks Rich.

DJW #13918

Rich, I am in the same boat with my 41 Cadillac 7533 Imperial Sedan. I can find all kinds of Ford, Chev, Ply, Packard etc. but not What I need for an exact match. I see that a guy in Vero Beach Fla. has matting for the 38, 39 and 40 Cadillac model 75s and 90s. He is running an ad in the most recent issue of the CCCA Bulletin. These are Fleetwood coaches and may be a better match for my car than yours but thought I would mention it.
Good Luck

William King

Am having problem locating tha matting for the running boards I am restoring, 39 LaSalle 5019, any suggestions.

I have a spare driver side ruuning board for sale. Anyone interested, am at cory1943@aol.com.

Bill King CLC # 20336

John Washburn

Folks,

Im sorry I missed this but have you contacted the guy in Canada who takes your running boards, puts new rubber on them, then mills them to look correct?

Expensive somewhat but great results. He did my 37 LaSalle running boards, and he voted me the best guy who screwed up the running boards before he could repair them.

I can look up his particulars if you cant find him. He has been listed on this board numerouse times so you might just want to do a search.

John Washburn
CLC #1067
Elizabeth, Colorado
Come see us.

Johan Boltendal # 158

DO NOT look for him,contact me directly if you want to know why
and I can give you the names of a few others to contact

Johan

myren kohlhorst 17794

I had these folks rework my 39-6119 boards a couple of years ago. They were perfect. He was showing the process on his web site when he did mine.Cost was $1700.00. It is a father & son doing this process so who knows whats going on.
Myren

William King

The guy in Canada is out of business. I get the impression that a few people are now after him.

Any suggestions as to who can redo a set of running boards. The guy in Vero Beach wants $ 700.00 for the matting. He also will sell the glue.

Bill King CLC # 20336

William KIng

I take it no one is out there to make a living of installing rubber matting on running boards. I am still looking for somebody to do my 39 LaSalle 5019. Any info is appreciated. I am in Florida but I guess I can mail themm anywhere in the U.S.

Bill K.