News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Car show Jun 24th

Started by robert p millian, June 17, 2007, 01:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert p millian

I just did a dry run to the Elm Bank grounds in Wellesley,Ma. to check out the site for this coming Sunday car show. I was very impressed with how large the property was. The road going in is hot topped as is the parking lot. The place is huge as big as the Endicott Estates,in Dedham. Hope to see you all there.

bob

Eric S. Maypother #15104

Hi Bob and all,
What kind of cars are usually at this show? (age range, style)
I went to the Portsmouth show yesterday for the first time, a nice variety of cars, though most were non Cadillac's they were still interesting.

This guy that would come in the gas station I used to work at had a mint condition 57 Mercedes, a 66 Mercedes convertible, a 50's mint cond Jag 4dr a 64 Jag XKE convertable and a 92 Eldorado, on the days he'd come in the Cadillac I'd say "I see you got the good car today"

Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham

Tom Hitchcock

Hey Bob,

Looks like the Elm Bank site may be also be popular with other makes at other times. How difficult is this to find? Is it near the center or the college?  I'd like to attend but haven't a clue as to directions. 

I too was at the annual Portsmouth Abbey show on Sunday. It was okay, but insiofar as Cadillacs were concerned, a little light.  Very few from the '50s and '60s. Two '65 and/or '66s but that was it. Only one '59 and one each of '57, '56, 'and 1955. 

For what it's worth, to me, the real show-stoppers were both Buicks; a super mint restored '54 Roadmaster convertible in Cavalier Blue and a great '53 Super woodie.  Incidentially, that Roadmaster appeared on the cover of Hemmings a few issues back...it was that good.  Becuase of the Abbey's new construction program, the flat field that formerly held so many is now history forcing  exhibitors onto the sloping field on the other side of their driveway. Let's hope they have this sorted out by next year. Still, it's hard to beat the location overlooking Narragansette Bay while listening to a live swing band under a big old shade tree!

Tom Hitchcock - 2212
1960 Coupe de Ville
1997 Eldorado Touring Coupe

Eric S. Maypother #15104

Hi Tom,
I liked the 41 Caddy Sedan convertables, that 54 Buick was nice to.

The address for Elm Bank is 900 Washington St. Wellesley, MA. Rt 16, Natick/Wellesley Line, 2 miles west of rt 128/95 Info Charlie Harris 781-726-2830, e-mail 655@comcast.net

I'm going to get directions from mapquest or yahoo maps.
1990 Cadillac Brougham