News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

How rare are Bucket seats in a 64 Eldo ? How much value do they add ?

Started by Michael, January 29, 2008, 07:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Any 64 Eldo info you could give me would be appreciated. Thanks

Art Director

Just about everything you want to know about a 1964 Fleetwood Eldorado is in the February 2008 issue of The Self-Starter. Richard Stanley wrote a comprehensive article about his car and listed all of the various paint colors and options.

Tim
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Jerome P. Puma (CLC#5676)

Quote from: Michael on January 29, 2008, 07:03:25 PM

I'm the keeper of the registry of surviving 1964 Eldorados. I started the roster a number of years ago in attempt to establish a CLC chapter for 1964 Eldorado owners. I have 188 survivors on the roster with documentation of VIN's and most cars' data plate codes. When I review the data, (later today) I will provide the number of cars on the roster with bucket seats. It is a totally unscientific way to gather data, but it will at least provide the number of documented survivors having bucket seats. I can also do a breakdown by colors and options of the survivors, if anyone has an interest.

If anyone has a 1964 Eldorado and has not provided their car's data for the roster, please consider contacting me to have your car added to the list.

Jerry Puma
Western NY Region - CLC
Eldorado #1800

Jerry Puma

I checked the survivor roster tonight, and 45% of the Trim codes indicate bucket seats.

Jerry

Quote from: Jerome P. Puma (CLC#5676) on January 30, 2008, 02:28:58 PM

I'm the keeper of the registry of surviving 1964 Eldorados. I started the roster a number of years ago in attempt to establish a CLC chapter for 1964 Eldorado owners. I have 188 survivors on the roster with documentation of VIN's and most cars' data plate codes. When I review the data, (later today) I will provide the number of cars on the roster with bucket seats. It is a totally unscientific way to gather data, but it will at least provide the number of documented survivors having bucket seats. I can also do a breakdown by colors and options of the survivors, if anyone has an interest.

If anyone has a 1964 Eldorado and has not provided their car's data for the roster, please consider contacting me to have your car added to the list.

Jerry Puma
Western NY Region - CLC
Eldorado #1800
Jerry Puma
1964 Eldorado
1961 Series 62 6-window

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Mike,

How rare?

Well, if you are a seller, then they would be VERY rare, but if you are a buyer, then "Common-place".

Couldn't resist.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   Bucket Seats add value to anything, no matter what the Brand.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Peter H.Luft CLC#19778

They add a lot of value and by my estimation are Rare............I have owned seven 64 Eldo's at one point, two with buckets............I personally like the bench seat models better due to the arm rest..........but will consider any 64 Eldorado, because I just like them all............................The 64 Eldo Guy, peter