News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Clock Repair

Started by lpitts #16625, May 03, 2008, 04:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mario

hi:
i sent my 49 sedannette clock for a rebuild to d an m restoration in south carolina. for $300 + i got a clock back in a month. i didn't have the car ready for wiring so it sat for three months. put it in three months later and it ran for a few days. called him and since it was guaranteed for 1 year, he said to send it back. kept it for a month and a half, after promising to send it back in a week. after three phone calls i got it back. he swore it was on the bench hooked up to a power supply the whole time and it kept "perfect" time. so he told me something was wrong with my wiring as there was nothing wqrong with the clock. giving the benefit of a doubt, i ran a full test on my wiring (all new, ron francis) and found nothing wrong. i hooked the clock to my power supply. it stopped after a day and never started again.
this was a 12 volt conversion that went bad. i am now dealing with williamson's instruments in arkansas. they want $177 to install a quartz conversion and "forget about it..." i can only hope that that shyster from d and am restorations doesn't do to any of you what he did to me.
ciao,
mario

p.s.: it did "tick" nice when it ticked, though...