News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1957 Fleetwood 75 for sale- Price Reduced

Started by kelly, August 31, 2008, 06:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelly

This is an extremely fine example. Refurbishment began in 2002, and includes complete body strip and repaint( Alpine White, per original) using PPG Deltron 2000 sealer, primer, basecoat/clearcoat. Most exterior chrome is fresh, as is most interior trim and carpet. Cylinder heads were reconditioned with  hardened seats and new valves. Reman carb, new springs and shocks, new tires, new headliner, Pertronix ignition, alternator charging, new diff. pinion seal and axle bearings, and custom car cover.  71,xxx miles since new.
  Reduced to $36,00. Someone has to have a serious interest in a fine auto such as this!  Reducing fleet to take on new project. Also have surviver  1977 Porsche 911S with 59,000 miles, and 32,000 mile 1977 MGB available.Reply for more info or photos. Located in Michigan.
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS

kelly

Folks,
   I guess I am a little suprised that no one has had even a comment or question about this posting. This was a major project that involved a lot of different trades and suppliers, and is really as nice as it looks. Even if you have no interest in owning such a vehicle ( these appeal to a very niche market), I would still love to talk about the process of getting a car to this level of restoration. Like many of you, I'm a gear-head!

Kelly Martin

P.S. I will be in Vegas until Sunday the 14th, so I'm hoping I have some e-mail to respond to when I get home. Cadillacs rule.
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS

Dave & Debbie

Hi Kelly,

One of the problems with limos of this era is that they are so expensive to restore and they never seem to realise on the market what you would hope to get back.  The best way to get a really nice limo is to buy someone else's project.

We have a '58 9 passenger sedan and know that the money that was spent on that car was far more than what we paid for it.  I guess at the end of the day you have to be satisfied restoring such a beautiful car though.

Best of luck.

Debbie & Dave
Australia

DaveW

Kelly,

That is a great looking limousine.  I have always been impressed by these body styles, but like Debbie and Dave have been concerned with the difficulty and cost of restoring one.  I commend you for having the patience to save a fine example of one of the top of the line Cadillacs of the era.  From the photos it looks like someone has the opportunity to purchase a fine limousine that would be a joy to own.  Check your email when you get home.

Dave
David Whittaker
CLC #20768

1957 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible
1958 Cadillac Series 70 Fleetwood Eldorado Brougham
1977 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

kelly

Debbie and Dave,
  Thanks for your reply!  I would love to see a photo or 2 of your "58.  There is so little current stuff available on the "big" Cadillacs.
Kelly Martin
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS

kelly

If anyone out there has the proper routing for the wiper/washer vaccuum hose routing for the 57 model 62 or 75 series, I would appreciate it.  I had to replace the molded multiple hose assembly, and I think I got the routing correct, but I get an unexpected squirt of washer fluid every once in awhile.
Thanks,
Kelly Martin
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS

DaveW

Kelly,

Are you still looking for the windshield washer hose routing diagram?  I found my copy, and can fax it to you, if you still need it.

Dave
David Whittaker
CLC #20768

1957 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible
1958 Cadillac Series 70 Fleetwood Eldorado Brougham
1977 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

BJM

Kelly,
I looked at you rpost with great interest. I am a Cadillac series 75 fan, from the late 30's through 1958. As others have noted, it costs as much or more to restore a series 75 limo from the 50's as it does an Eldorado, in my opinion. So, those restoring 50's Cadillacs turn to the higher dollar ones, and this is a generalization of course.

About 40 miles away from me here in central Iowa is a man who has collected every year of Cadillac series 75 from 1950 to 1964, one of each year, at least (he has 2 1957 75 series) He has one restored car, a metallic grey 1958 75 series but the rest, including a 1955 Derham, are unrestored.

He wants $3000 for the bestter of two 1957 75's and all of his 75's have been stored outside for 10-20 years. He has done a good service saving these cars, but ca not sell them. Nobody wants them (except me)

I love these cars, but hesitate because of the cost to restore. Your car is absolutely beautiful and I am trying to understand what the door gernishment is on your car. It looks like maple wood but surely it isn't???

It is beautiful and I would ask for more photos as a restoration tool , as I hope to eventually purchase 1-3 of this fellows 75 series cars, 1957 being my favorite of the fifties.

kelly

BJM,
   I don't know if you have been watching, but a 1940 Fleetwood 75 sold at Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale, for over $65,000. Perhaps the market is coming around to these big models.
Kelly
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS

Debbie & Dave

Hi Kelly,

Happy New Year  :D.  Sorry it has taken a while but we've attached some photo's of our 1958 series 75.  Hope you enjoy them.

It's true that these beautiful big cars are undervalued.  In one way that's good as it makes them affordable to buy.  They are really a car built for a purpose and I guess this limits the market for such large cars.  We use ours for weddings and hire car work including wine tours in the Hunter Valley in Australia.  The amount of attention this car gets in unbelievable and you never get used to it.  Even driving down the road people slow down as they take a photograph. :o

Deb & Dave   

kelly

Deb & Dave,
  That sure is a beauty!  When you put a car like that in a parking lot, it's bound to be the only one.  Is that the Alpine White? Love to see some inside photos. I see it has A/C. Nice, particularly down under where it gets real hot!
   There are more shots of my '57 online. Just Google 1957 Cadillac Fleetwood 75.  I have it listed with a couple web sellers. Happy New Year.
Kelly Martin
North Branch, MI.
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS

eric

Quote from: kelly on August 31, 2008, 06:07:17 PM
This is an extremely fine example. Refurbishment began in 2002, and includes complete strip and repaint( Alpine White) using PPG Deltron 2000 sealer, primer, basecoat/clearcoat. Most exterior chrome is fresh, as is most interior trim and carpet. Cylinder heads were reconditioned with hardened seats and new valves. Reman carb, new springs and shocks, new tires, new headliner, Pertronix ignition, alternator charging. 71,000 miles since new.
  Asking $39,900. Reply for more info or photos.

Absolutely gorgeous. Can we talk about it ?

Rgds

Eric

kelly

Eric,
   Yes we can.  I'm stepping out right now for a couple cold ones, but I will check e-mail when I return.
Kelly
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS

eric

Sorry Kelly, I was unable to connect for a few days.

I am interested in a 1956 or 1957 Fleetwood 75. Can we use direct e-mail adresses as my company laptop does not always accept web connections ?
Rgds
Eric
E

kelly

Eric,
   I can be reached directly at    kmartin@bigtube.net

Kelly Martin
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS

kelly

I am reposting my '57 75  series at the reduced price of $36,000.  I must reduce the fleet to take on a new project.
Kelly
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS