News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1956 Palomino & Gala "Mood" Motorama Cadillacs

Started by Charles D. Barnette, April 20, 2009, 12:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles D. Barnette

As a finale to this thread, Carla will soon post several pictures of 59 Cadillacs (representing different body styles) taken by me at the 2002 Centennial Cadillac-LaSalle Grand National. Those pictured will be the 59 Fleetwood, a four door 59 Cadillac flat-top, a 59 Cad Limo, and a 59 Cad Series 62 convertible with an Elvis impersonator and company posing in the back seat (I do not think Elvis ever owned a 59 Cadillac however). The 1959 GM cars were truly awesome and deserve the recognition of now being 50 years old! As I have pointed out before, the 59 Cadillac will receive special recognition at the Grand National in Vegas next month, June 17-20; and the 59 Buick will receive special recognition at the National Meet of The Buick Club of America in Colorado Springs the following month, July 1-4 (my friend Mr. Brian Laurance who regularly posts on this site heads up that effort splendidly for the Buick Club). As with the old Western movies, the last picture Carla will post shows that I as the dubious Texan hero of this thread in the end get the girl (or in this case the girls). Charles D. Barnette

Carla

Here is a 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood.

Carla

Here is a pink 59 Cadillac 4-door Flat-Top to help celebrate the Golden Anniversary!

Carla

Here is a glorious 59 Cadillac Limo.

Carla

Here is an Elvis impersonator and company posing in a beautiful 1959 Series 62 convertible.

Carla

javascript:void(0);

...and as a finale to this finale, our dubious hero gets