News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

HAPPY 70th BIRTHDAY YANN

Started by Quentin Hall Australia, May 17, 2009, 04:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veesixteen

It's the main illustration from a 5-page article about "Mr.Cadillac" [that's me] that appeared in the May issue of "Americaines Classiques" for May 2009.  That is the monthly mag (in French) of the American Car Club de France; it replaces the former "Bond" which had been published for about 30 years.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

homeonprunehill

YANN, ANYONE THAT lives to be 70 should get "seventy" greeting from friends. I NOTICE that you only have 20 ,so, I would like to take the oppertuneitive to wish you #21...thur. 70 Jim
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

Quentin Hall Australia

On meeting Yann several years ago and being the young upstart 50's Cadillac knowitall tragic I am, I was determined to discover if the title "Mr Cadillac" had been bestowed on him too lightly. Hence we spent the night locked in a game of "Cadillac chess", me trying to outwit him and bring him undone with cryptic and trivial Cadillac questions.
      Aside from it being one of the most memorable evenings of my life I can attest to the veracity of the title "Mr Cadillac". The crown is duly worn. So I hope that answers the question asked. . . . "What does Yann's birhday have to do with Cadillacs ?"  As someone else said . . . "Everything".
       The legacy of his Database will serve our hobby for generations. 
       Regards Quentin.
PS Sorry Yann if it sounds too much like an obit. But we do love you mate.

Porter

Quentin Hall,

Good to hear from you mate.

Bruce Reynolds dropped in here last August with his 72 Eldo for the weekend  on his way up to Nova Scotia.

We went down to the local seafood restaurant a few evenings for dinner. Had them " throw a few shrimp on the barbie ".

Only kidding but I had a little fun with the locals and Bruce with his accent.

I posted a thread here and he got invited out to visit somebody from Prince Edward Island and he took them up on the offer.

Hope all is well down under,

Porter from Denmark, Maine USA