News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Any reports from the Grand National?

Started by Pat Caruso CLC #17825, June 19, 2009, 03:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Caruso CLC #17825

OK, so I'm stuck here in New Jersey - where it has been raining for 8 weeks straight - and I was just wondering...what's happening at the Grand National?

Unless "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" applies to the club shenanigans, too!
Webmaster - Raritan River Region CLC   http://www.rrrclc.org
Webmaster - Valley Forge Region CLC   http://www.vfrclc.org

1975 Cadillac Sedan deVille

Walter Youshock

Same crappy weather and curiosity from Scranton...

GEE!!!  What're we missing?!?!?!

The Board Meeting is going on now, but SOMEBODY should be having fun!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Joe Manna

I think that saying applies to the club too,Pat.I will have to call Mr.Crimmins and get a daily report.
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Vince Taliano #13852

Pat,

I have been thinking the same thing: where are the club bloggers reporting from Vegas?  We got spoiled last year with our buddy Lou posting pictures from each day's events.  I didn't make it to Cherry Hill until Friday so it was great to see pictures from earlier in the week. 

Vince
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 4,000 pictures!)

Ohio57-62Sedan

Quote from: Walter Youshock on June 19, 2009, 03:23:50 PM
GEE!!!  What're we missing?!?!?!

They are talking about rejecting my membership for being a loose nut on the boards... :D ::)

Walter Youshock

I'm sure they have much more interesting things to do!

Don't flatter yourself, JP.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Ohio57-62Sedan

Now I'm blushing.... Damn young punks got nothing better to do but give the old guy's a tough time here... I'll tell you what I've learned a lot in the year I've been hangin out here... I want to thank you guys for putting up with me... I know I have a thick mellon... and if I may ask Walter why are you not in LV with your car??? you know darn well it belongs there...

Jeff Hansen

Hi everyone,

Yes, there is a lot going on here in Vegas!  Most, if not all, of the show cars have been moved into the indoor venue for the show in the morning.  They are telling me that if your car is not in the hall tonight, it ain't going in!  Looks like we'll have about 130 - 140 cars in total here.  Most show cars are in the hall; I'm told the Allante owners elected to not park in the hall and are in the parking deck.  Some of the display cars are in the parking deck, too.  

Of late, it has been in the mid-90s.  I think it was supposed to hit 100 today, but don't know if it did or not.

The tours have been good.  We did the driving tour the day before everyone else did - great scenery.  The Maloof/Shelby tour was really good.  Mr. Maloof, among other things, owns (or did own - not sure which) the Sacramento Kings.  He has a passion for pipe organs - he has five of them in working order in his home which he opened up for us.  His car collection is really sweet, too.  Among others, he owns (32) 1941 Cadillacs.  He has Cadillacs representing each decade from the 1930s to present day.  All very nice - and mostly original - cars.

The food has been really good.  How can you go to Vegas and not eat well?

Didn't attend any of the seminars, so I can't comment on them.

The Las Vegas Region has done an outstanding job.  No reason to think they won't carry that through tomorrow's banquet.  They're a really fun bunch!

Met Bob Hoffman from this forum today.  

Will try to add more later - but no promises!

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Joe Manna

Jeff,thanks for the report.Especially the weather.Like Pat mentioned,nothing but rain here.Maybe you and Rob can bring some of that sunny stuff back home.Glad you're having a good time.

Joe
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

The Tassie Devil(le)

Wish you could bring some of that rain here to Tasmania, Southern Tasmania especially.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jeff Maltby 4194

My 49 friends Brian/Pam Hermansader from calif, came across Bob and Sal from NJ in their 68 convertible heading for the GN sunday somewhere out in the boondocks towards viva Las Vegas.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Misfit

Now think about it people. If YOU were in Las Vegas, at the Cadillac Grand National, would you really care about a bunch of Schleppers on an Internet chat board?

I wouldn't until I got home. Savannah,? OK. That's one thing. Cherry Hill,? Another. But some cool places to visit. But Las Vegas? Please !!! Get real.

MisFit

Vince Taliano #13852

Quote from: Misfit on June 20, 2009, 04:04:38 PM
Now think about it people. If YOU were in Las Vegas, at the Cadillac Grand National, would you really care about a bunch of Schleppers on an Internet chat board?

I wouldn't until I got home. Savannah,? OK. That's one thing. Cherry Hill,? Another. But some cool places to visit. But Las Vegas? Please !!! Get real.

MisFit

MisFit's got a point! 
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 4,000 pictures!)

Ohio57-62Sedan

Quote from: Vince Taliano #13852 on June 20, 2009, 04:17:10 PM
MisFit's got a point! 
Right on Misfit... I would be at the Blackjack tables drinkin like a high roller... ;D

Walter Youshock

Well, right now, the Awards Banquet should be starting.

Jeff should be flying around the Tabulation Room like a rabid bat, checking and rechecking every result!

The food is coming out; the drinks are flowing...

and we're all at home....
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Misfit

Quote from: Walter Youshock on June 20, 2009, 11:16:29 PM

and we're all at home....

Only because we're forced to or chose to.   :'(

MisFit

Lynn C CLC #21641

The Conways just got back from Las Vegas on Saturday evening- unfortunately did not attend the actual show on Saturday (early flight out).  However, I can report that there were folks having fun. I don't know how many "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" moments were had

The welcome reception was a lot of fun, live band, and good conversation.  I can attest to the fact that there were dozens of exquisite cars present, and pride of ownership of some of the finest automobiles in the United States was evident while we we watching the owners polish and buff out their cars during the move in on Friday.  We were able to pick up an especially nice 57 gas door tail light assembly from one of the vendors present at the meet.

Special thanks to the Jipsons of the Las Vegas club for being so welcoming and for a great evening of conversation.  John, your LaSalle is just gorgeous.  Also a big thank you to all who took the time to chat with us and tell us about your car.  It was appreciated.  We are always interested in hearing about the car stories !

We were sorry that we did not meet up with Chris Milici from the New England region.  Tom and I wanted to say hello and thanks to Chris for the nice feature he wrote up for the New England newsletter on my car Lucille.

Hopefully will post some photos of our favorite cars later this week.

Lynn

Fred Zwicker #23106

Here are a couple of pictures from Saturday in Las Vegas,

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

Fred Zwicker #23106

Two more

Fred Zwicker #23106

Two more (too bad we can't post at least 4 pictures).

Fred