News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

My One And Only movie release details - 53 Eldorado

Started by Ross Morgan #22943, July 25, 2009, 07:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Morgan #22943

Has anyone gone to see this movie yet? If so, what did you think?!

I thought by now, members would be writing in saying "I noticed that this wasn't correct....".  There isn't much that isn't authentic but the obvious one is the interior. When I purchased the (#87) 1953 Eldorado from an older couple in Illinois, they had restored the car some 20 years ago and had reversed the interior, ie, blue with white and white with blue.  It was kept that way for the movie (you get to see this interior in many of the scenes.)  Actually, I quite like this reversal! The only thing that we altered on #87 was the Azure blue (this was lightened) and secondly, the wire wheels were removed and standard wheels and hubcaps fitted.  Fake New York license plates were fitted (I was allowed to keep the two originals). Apart from some overheating, the car performed extremely well and withstood the rigors of filming the different scenes - different drivers (Renee Zellweger included), crew in and out of the car, doors, hood and trunk opening and closing, transporting, drive-in, diners, off road work, etc. 

Logan Lerman (playing George Hamilton) became used to driving this car and loved the seats because they were so comfortable! (and they are).  In particular, the drive-in scene which, in the movie, lasted several minutes but to film, took from around 6pm - midnight. So, a long time!

I've attached some photos, including two from the movie.  Filming was in Baltimore and then down to Albuquerque, NM which happened just before the 2008 CLC Grand National at Cherry Hill.

Ross.

Ross Morgan #22943

Here are two photos from Albuquerque, NM, August 2008.  By the way, I loved the movie and of course, I'm not biased .....

Ross Morgan #22943

Two more photos of the Cadillac dealer scene.  Ross.

Otto Skorzeny

Just curious, did the former owners of yourcar reverse the leather colors on purpose or was it down by accident?
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

okccadman

I havent seen the movie yet but I did notice what appears to be a 1956 ad on the wall of the 1953 showroom.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

Otto Skorzeny

It doesn't just appear to be, it is a 1956 ad on the wall, okc!
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Vince Taliano #13852

Quote from: Ross Morgan #22943 on October 12, 2009, 09:29:31 AM
Has anyone gone to see this movie yet? If so, what did you think?!

Ross.

Ross,

The movie only played in two or three different theatres in the DC area.  With work, travel and family, I wasn't able to see the movie until the second to last night it played in the area.  I went to the 9:45 pm showing and was the only one in the theatre when the theatre manager walked in to check the theatre before the previews began.  We started talking and I told him my connection with the movie.  I asked him what they did with the movie posters after the movie ended and he said that the staff usually take them.  I asked if I could get one and he said he would check if they had any extras and stop by after the movie was over.  Then he left and about five others walked in and the movie played.  I enjoyed the movie and think that Renee has a decent chance for a Golden Globe and/or Academy Award nomination.  That would give the movie a whole second run as people will want to see her performance.  When the movie ended, the theater manager returned with two movie posters new in the cannister that were extras! 

Talk with you later,

Vince

Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 4,000 pictures!)

Ross Morgan #22943

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on October 12, 2009, 10:51:21 AM
Just curious, did the former owners of yourcar reverse the leather colors on purpose or was it down by accident?

The previous owners did this to lighten the look of the car.  Surprisingly, it makes a big change to the look.

My perception now of Azure blue is that it's a "dark" colour!

With regard to the '56 Cadillac poster, I think Cliff mentioned earlier that with just a little more time, the scene could have been set up both correctly and well.  Having said that, the dealer scene in the movie, I thought, was fantastic.  Ross.

okccadman

I just read that "My one and Only" will be released on DVD exclusively at Target and Blockbster store next Tuesday, November 10, 2009.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
66 Fleetwood Brougham
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham

Vince Taliano #13852

Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 4,000 pictures!)

okccadman

I picked up a copy last night at Target for $14.99.  Great movie with great bonus features on the making of, including a bonus featurette on "Restoring the Cadillac."  Marc and Ross might be the next Hollywood discoveries!  Anyway, I recommend this film to all.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
66 Fleetwood Brougham
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham

Ross Morgan #22943

Quote from: okccadman on November 11, 2009, 09:51:18 AM
I picked up a copy last night at Target for $14.99.  Great movie with great bonus features on the making of, including a bonus featurette on "Restoring the Cadillac."  Marc and Ross might be the next Hollywood discoveries!  Anyway, I recommend this film to all.
Thanks Jim!  Now you've got me worried!  I blubbered my way through the questions and wasn't sure how it would turn out.  One funny thing was that Marc was wearing his '50's hat back to front.  I let him know about this towards the end of the day.  I'm not sure if this is an aussie humour thing but it was hilarious to watch!

On another note, I've had several queries regarding the sale of Marc's '53 Eldorado (in Hemmings at the moment).  All I can say is that my '53 was the movie Hero car and was featured/driven in all but 1 - 2 scenes. I hope that clears it up.

Now, off to buy the DVD!  Ross.