News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

Post Your AOS chassis stencil stamp...

Started by Cadillac1955, September 08, 2009, 04:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillac1955

Post Your AOS chassis stencil stamp here...  I know there are many who do a frame off restoration. I also know that many would like to reproduce this AOS stencil markings.
Andrè Aga

Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1955
Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1964 "The Apollo"
Cadillac Conv. 1965

phildeville@cox.net

Are you looking for a photo of the stencil I made or the frame rail after the application?
I gotta be honest here. I sandblasted & painted the frame long before I bought the C&LC Class 15 Authenticity Manual. I knew it should have the
A O Smith serial # & date. When I got the bill of lading from the GM Heritage Center, I knew it was shipped 9/30/1954. The frames were made about a month before that date. So, I used my birth date (8-17-54) for the stamping date & used my C&LC member # for the AOS s/n. I had a friend who had an old time rotary wheel stencil cutter in his shipping department. It took me 3 trys to get it right!
I know I saved that stencil to remember my late pal Joe Dillon. I will look for it.
Phil Terry
Phil Terry  CLC# 15270

Cadillac1955

Quote from: Phil Terry # 15270 on September 10, 2009, 01:30:40 PM
Are you looking for a photo of the stencil I made or the frame rail after the application?
I gotta be honest here. I sandblasted & painted the frame long before I bought the C&LC Class 15 Authenticity Manual. I knew it should have the
A O Smith serial # & date. When I got the bill of lading from the GM Heritage Center, I knew it was shipped 9/30/1954. The frames were made about a month before that date. So, I used my birth date (8-17-54) for the stamping date & used my C&LC member # for the AOS s/n. I had a friend who had an old time rotary wheel stencil cutter in his shipping department. It took me 3 trys to get it right!
I know I saved that stencil to remember my late pal Joe Dillon. I will look for it.
Phil Terry

Hello,

I would like to see the frame rail after the application..  ;D
I have also used my birthday as stamping day...
Andrè Aga

Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1955
Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1964 "The Apollo"
Cadillac Conv. 1965

phildeville@cox.net

I couldn't post here because of file size. I did post successfully on photo pg of CADILL-IKES chapter website
Phil
Phil Terry  CLC# 15270