News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1970 Cad windshield wiper problem

Started by cadfan1959, March 15, 2010, 09:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadfan1959

I have a 1970 Cadillac Miller Meteor hearse and my windshield wipers do not work. I got a test light and it showed me that I have power at the fuse box and power to the wiper motor, but no power to the switch. I followed the wires and found a connector under the dash and it had power going to it. So my problem is somewhere inbetween the connector and the switch. I'm not sure what to do now.  ???  Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Tom Magdaleno

If you run a wire from the connector to the switch does it work?  If you put 12 volts from another source to the switch does it work?  A hint, clean the windshield and put paper towels under the blades.  It will make it easier for the blades to move on a dry windshield.
Tom
'38 Cadillac V16
'71 Buick Riviera
'65 Chevy Truck
'56 Packard Super Clipper