News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

46/47 convert rear window mechs

Started by Quentin Hall Australia, February 15, 2011, 09:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quentin Hall Australia

Does any one have a wind up mechanism out of a car that they can photograph. Our ones were here at the start of the resto but now are nowhere to be found???? No doubt will turn up as soon as it is reassembled  . I have a pair of 53 coupe ones I can modify if I can get a position of the arm.
     Any help appreciated .Thanks. Q   

Bill Ingler #7799

Here are two pictures, hope this helps.

Quentin Hall Australia

G'day Bill,
            Thanks so much for your pics. That is exactly what I was after. Can I just request one more favour. Can you measure from the centre of the pivot, to the centre of the drive.
             Also can you tell me if 46 conv is supposed to have rear seat ashtrays in the rear qtr panels. I have various photos of 46/47 cars some with some without. I don't have any ashtrays and the original panels are long gone so any clues appreciated. Also need front door window switches. Just starting to put this car together after a long time in boxes, so lots of questions.
        Oh yeah one more for now, on the conv top mech there are two wooden blocks lh and rh screwed to the rear conv frame to hold the window rubber and I presume to tack the conv top. I have half the remains of one and only one of the stainless locator pieces. Any help once again appreciated. 
          Kind Regards. Q

Bill Ingler #7799

G'day Mate: Attached are two pictures with measurements. Yes the 46 had rear ash trays. These are hard to find but not impossible. Each rear side ash tray has two pieces, the insert and the ash tray. I will send you a picture of their location on the rear side panel in a separate email to you. Window switches are like gold, if you can find them. I will answer the rest of your questions on the email.   Bill