News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

49 Fleetwood for sale

Started by Caddy Wizard, January 08, 2013, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Series75

Art,
Isn't it great to see all these fine folks who have no intent to buy either because they don't care for your yr/model or have no money, offer you advice on today's market?   And Dan opinion is just that, Dan's opinion.
My position; you are looking for ONE buyer not dozens of them, keep pluggin you'll find him/her, you've got a global market and a great, solid car.   Persistence.    Tom CLC#6866

Dan LeBlanc

Art

It's a great deal for the car.  If I wasn't deep into my 61 Fleetwood restoration, I'd pick it up.  I've got to finish that Fleetwood first.  The bloody thing has me pulling my hair out, I've almost given up on it a few times, but it's such an oddball configuration that it would be a shame to abandon the project.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Caddy Wizard

Dan,

Thanks.  I think if this ebay auction doesn't result in a sale, I am going to buy some tires for it and redo the interior (basically, keep the car).  I have the money to do that, but I have my eye on a 54 and was planning to let the next guy do those things as he sees fit.

Art
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Dan LeBlanc

It's not like you have a terrible car anyway.  I could think of a lot worse cars to be "stuck" with.
Dan LeBlanc

Caddy Wizard

Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)

BJM

Quote from: Series75 on February 20, 2013, 07:31:18 PM
Art,
Isn't it great to see all these fine folks who have no intent to buy either because they don't care for your yr/model or have no money, offer you advice on today's market?   And Dan opinion is just that, Dan's opinion.
My position; you are looking for ONE buyer not dozens of them, keep pluggin you'll find him/her, you've got a global market and a great, solid car.   Persistence.    Tom CLC#6866

Tom
You are correct.  For sale ads should have no commentary.  I'll try to go in and delete my posts and be careful in the future.  Have a good day.

Dan LeBlanc

Dan LeBlanc

R Sotardi #11719

Art, congrats. When you said I'm down to this last 49, do you mean that you leaving the "hobby"? Are you leaving us? Ron

MB49Caddy

Congrats Art. Like I said, I would have been your man but I just bought mine from Joe Cutler. So glad you sold it and someone gets to enjoy a nice car!

Regards,
Matt
"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln

Caddy Wizard

Ron,

It looks like I am getting a 54 sedan.  A very nice car that has been treated to a full cosmetic restoration (two-tone paint, chrome, proper interior).  Viking Blue Poly over Newport Blue (my favorite color combination -- I painted a 54 CDV in this combo three years ago).  Interior done with proper, original materials in the correct patterns.  Needs my mechanical magic.  No A/C and not a Fleetwood (rats!).  But like the puppy that follows you home, I love the colors and can't resist this one.

So, it looks like I will be staying around in the hobby, but not using a 49-56 Cad for daily transportation for a while.  I have driven old cars for most of the last 40 years now, and switching to a modern car is a big change for me.  My 54 will be a weekend and club use car -- sunny days only.  No more driving a 50 year old car in the rain or snow for the foreseeable future.

Art
Art Gardner

R Sotardi #11719

That's great, best of luck & thanks for getting back.