News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Just Joined The Discussion Forum

Started by Jon S, March 10, 2013, 12:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon S

Hello all:

I just joined your Forum.  I have a 1958 Sedan De Ville Purchased brand new by my father in August 1958.  It's Versailes Green and I will try to attach 2 pics of the car:

Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

GoldEldorado

1970 Gold Eldorado
1973 Chrysler New Yorker

Jon S

The 1st picture didn't post - I'll try again:

Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

D.Yaros

Welcome!  For her age, the '58 looks pretty pristine!
Dave Yaros
CLC #25195
55 Coupe de Ville
92 Allante
62 Olds  

You will find me on the web @:
http://GDYNets.atwebpages.com  -Dave's Den
http://graylady.atwebpages.com -'55 CDV site
http://www.freewebs.com/jeandaveyaros  -Saved 62 (Oldsmobile) Web Site
The home of Car Collector Chronicles.  A  monthly GDYNets newsletter focusing on classic car collecting.
http://www.scribd.com/D_Yaros/

Jon S

Dave -

The car looks, smells and runs as new!  Tried to add this picture:

Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

harry s

Very Nice! A true family treasure. Welcome,    Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

C.R. Patton II

Hello Jon

Welcome to the Forum! We are here to help you

Your father selected a nice car and I am happy that it remains in the family. Please join us at our Grand National in Boston this summer.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Huffstutler

Welcome aboard!  Obviously this car has been loved and taken care of all its life and such a classic but rarely seen color on Cadillac.

Eric Huffstutler
Richmond, VA
Eric Huffstutler

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Hello Jon and welcome to the CLC Forum. Your '58 Sedan deVille looks exceptional.

I hope you'll consider joining the CLC as a full member as well. A very helpful and knowledgeable group of all things Cadillac.

Regards,
Eric
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Bill Podany #19567

Hello Jon,

That 58 SDV looks marvelous; is it all original from your father's purchase; please forward more pictures, including the interior too.  What a beautiful car you can cherish.  Join the CLC to enhance your ownership and maintenance.

Bill Podany
Knoxville, TN
41 60 Special
55 Eldorado
1941 60 Special Fleetwood
1955 Eldorado

Jon S

Thanks for all of the welcomes!

The car is all original except for the interior which my dad had re-done in 1966.  I know SMS has the original material available, but I'm leaving this way because my dad preferred it this way.  I do 90% of the mechanical work myself e.g. replaced water pump, re-built the carburator, tune ups, etc.  It starts easily and just purrs.  No oil consumption and shifts flawlessly.  It has 87,000 Original miles on it.  it was my dad's Sunday car as he had a Buick Roadmaster and Pontiac Catalina for daily use.  As requested, attached are a few more pics:

Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Jon S

Learning how the pic attachment works!  Sorry!
Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Huffstutler

Jon, looks like calendar quality material on the outside!

Eric
Eric Huffstutler

Jon S

Eric -

It was featured in the August 2010 Hemmings Motor News and used on one of their advertisements for Hemmings Classic Car
Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Jon S

Just took a pic of the Hemmings Advertisement:

Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

JConk58

Great looking '58! Love the color. I'd also hope you consider joining the club. Lots of great informed people. I'm completing my '58 convertible in the next couple months. Hope to see your car at a GN someday. Welcome aboard.
James Conkright CLC #18783
Owensboro, Kentucky
1950 Buick Special 46-S
1958 Cadillac Series 62 Conv
1971 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Richardonly

Jon,

What an absolutely beautiful car!  1958 is my favorite year, and your's appears to be a perfect one.

Enjoy, Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

Jon S

Thanks again for the nice comments!
Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Louis Smith

I am sure there is an interesting story about the preservation of this car, filled with many personal memories of yours.  Care to share some of the more interesting stories and events behind this magnificent automobile?  How did this car happen to end up staying in the same family?  It's very rare that any automobile stays with a family for over 50 years.

Jon S

In 1968 my dad went to trade the Cadillac in on a new Buick Electra Limited and was offered a whopping $500.00 for the Cadillac!  I remember his reply was the tires were worth that much and left the dealership.  He ended buying a 1968 Electra Limited used a year later (his 1st used car ever) and put the Cadillac in storage at my cousin's garage where it sat for many years with occasional starting/use until he passed in 1993.  He subsequently bought Ford products - 1977 Lincoln Town Car and 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis as he was not impressed with the GM product line 1977 and newer.  I'm glad he kept the Cadillac and I try to use it at least once per/week.

My dad was a car nut as was his father (a Packard man).  As I've mentioned, the Cadillac was his Sunday car and never saw rain or snow.
Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT