News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

2005 CTS,,,NO BRAKE LIGHTS

Started by 60eldo, March 14, 2013, 11:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

My brother has a 05 CTS,,,has no brake lights, any ideas why,,any help apreiciated
Jon. Kluczynski

R Schroeder

If the rear turn signals work, it probably isn't the bulbs , if they are on the same circuit as the brake lights. A lot of new cars have separate circuits.
If that checks out, my guess would be the brake light switch at the pedal, if that's where they put it, on that type of car.
Could also be a bad switch in the steering column.
Roy

Dave Shepherd

On these cars all the circuits are routed thru the bcm so this can get a little complicated if the stop lite switch checks out, next step may be a scan of bcm outputs.

Walter Youshock

If there wasn't a recall on these, there should have been.  Two people I work with have this era CTS and BOTH had to take them back to the dealer for no brake lights.  Of course, if Cadillacs still had lamp monitors, the driver would immediately know the status of the lamps!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

R Schroeder

Guess I was way off...........ha