News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Starting over my 1970 deville

Started by Bobby Rodriguez, March 27, 2013, 11:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Rodriguez

This is my car after I hit a bridge,I walked away . Nov 2011 I replace frame sand blasted and painted
It.will post the progress ,

R Schroeder

Wow, Bobby, you have your work cut out for you.
Good that your OK.
Roy

Bobby Rodriguez

Here is a look at both cars in the air as I removed the frame's

aod92

Wow, lots of work. If I were you I would remove those cinder blocks, and replace them with blocks of wood. Doesn't take much for one of them to crumble.

Gene Beaird

Quote from: aod92 on March 28, 2013, 08:41:59 PM
Wow, lots of work. If I were you I would remove those cinder blocks, and replace them with blocks of wood. Doesn't take much for one of them to crumble.

Indeed, they don't creak a bit before they go, they just go >BOOM< and you're looking at a car that's now 8" lower than it was before, resting there in a cloud of cement dust.  Hopefully no one is under there when that happens.  For safety's sake, please use a different material. 

It looks like a fun, if not daunting, project.   ;D

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Bobby Rodriguez

Yes I saw that and bought 6 ton jack stand, cement  blocks are very dangerous,but thanks for the
Heads up on that.