News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Brake hose for a 68 Eldorado

Started by Glen, January 17, 2014, 02:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen

Does anybody have the correct part number for the left front brake hose on a 68 Eldorado?  I bought brake hoses from Raybestos  part numbers BH36575 and BH36574.  The right one fits OK but the left one is two inches shorter than the one I took off and it bends really sharp in a full left turn.  I look at other manufacturers and the pictures show the wrong fittings on the ends or they list the length as 13 1/8 inches which is too short.   It should be 15 inches long. 

ACDELCO Part # 18J1764   is too short; DORMAN Part # H71371 wrong fitting; CENTRIC Part # 15065024 is too short and wrong fitting NAPA UP 36674 wrong fitting. 

I may have to break down and buy a second right hose to go on the left.  But it is 17 inches long and may need the clamp on the frame. 

Thanks for any help. 

Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Glen

Thanks to Viator Trudeau for the part number.  He gave me the number Wagner F99398. 

That does come out to be a 15 inch hose and the fitting look correct.

Thank you Viator.   
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104