News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Valuation Sources for my Dad's 1978 Cadillac Eldorado?

Started by alexander, August 01, 2014, 04:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterzap

One thing you can remember, at this point the car will not depreciate anymore.  They are pretty much at the bottom of their range now. As long as you maintain it,  the value will stay the same or appreciate.  You  an get an indication of values here 

http://www.hagerty.com/VALUATIONTOOLS
Leesburg, AL

76eldo

Actually I should have said "websites" instead of software.
Just google "national Craig's list search " and several will come up.

Since its free to put the car on CL you night as well do it and see what the results are.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

alexander

waterzap,
thanks for the link. i think this puts the value at around 11K, pretty close to what NADA said. if it cant depreciate any more, then i guess there is still the option to keep holding onto it and hopes it appreciates :/

76eldo,
oh thanks for the national CL search. its really helpful to see what other '78 eldos are going for. i had a pretty small database before this. yeah, i think ill try CL, from what im hearing about ebay, it costs money just to list it even if you dont sell it through a reserve listing.