News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1964 429 exhaust manifolds needed in England

Started by rustytractor, September 20, 2014, 06:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustytractor

The thread subject kind of says it all.

I bought a beautiful 64 Coupe de Ville but the manifolds have been welded so I need a good pair.

Anyone got a spare pair ?
Too many cars - too little time !!

60eldo

Jon. Kluczynski

Ken Perry

I think I have them,do you have any pics of what you need.Or I can take pics of what I have,they are off a 64 coupe.Ken Perry 
Cadillac Ken

rustytractor

Quote from: 60eldo on September 20, 2014, 09:17:50 PM
  Will 65 fit?

Morning Johnny,

I'm fairly new to 60's Cadi's so am unsure if 64 and 65 would be the same or whether there were differences to the manifolds themselves depending on the model (I think this is doubtful but will check).

I'll ask a question in the technical section and try to find out.

I assume you have a pair available ?

rustytractor

Quote from: Ken Perry on September 20, 2014, 11:53:25 PM
I think I have them,do you have any pics of what you need.Or I can take pics of what I have,they are off a 64 coupe.Ken Perry

Hi Ken,

The manifolds are still fitted to the engine in the car but I can try taking some photos looking down from the top of the engine tomorrow and send them to you.

Presumably '64 Coupe and Coupe de Ville would be the same ?

60eldo

Russ, Ive been checking around and it seems confusing everyones saying something different so I dont know,. Keep asking around make some calls and you will find out.
Jon. Kluczynski

rustytractor

Quote from: 60eldo on September 21, 2014, 10:03:58 AM
Russ, Ive been checking around and it seems confusing everyones saying something different so I dont know,. Keep asking around make some calls and you will find out.

I posted in the technical forum and was told the following:
-----------------
The passenger side exhaust manifold is 64 only, and is hard to find not cracked. I believe the driver side manifold is 61-64. The 65-67 manifolds are different because the 64 is an X frame, while 65-67 is a perimeter frame.
following:
-----------------

This was a very definite answer, if anyone thinks otherwise it'd only confuse matters further.

Michel Ouellette

Hi Russ,
Have you tried nosandrestoredcadillacparts.com , there is a nos and a restored one there.

Michel

Glen

Form the 1974 master parts book:   
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

rustytractor

Quote from: Glen on September 22, 2014, 03:27:25 AM
Form the 1974 master parts book:

Conclusive evidence - that's great Glen.

Thanks very much for sourcing this info for me, much appreciated. 

russ austin

Left side, 61-62 have 2 mount brackets on the front, but will bolt up.  63 is the same as 64.  My books stop at 64, so don't know about upward years.

Right side, 64 only.  hard to find not cracked.
R.Austin

Jason Edge

Right side with casting # 1481668, fits 1964 (all), and 1965 75 series,
Left side with casting # 1475463 fits 1961 to 1964.

I am periodically pulling them in and often have nice ones, but out of both sides right now.
Email me at jasonedge@nc.rr.com and will put you on my wait list for a good set. Also feel free to post on our 1963/64 Cadillac Website 'Wanted" forum at www.wanted.6364cadillac.com

Also keep me in mind for other parts for your 64 Caddy. I ship parts all over the world every week. Jason.  For more info go to www.ClassicCadillacParts.com
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Exec Vice President
1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - https://6364cadillac.ning.com
Carolina Region Webmaster - https://cr-clc.ning.com
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

Ken Perry

I found the L side 1475463 it's nice, I might have sold the other one :( I will keep looking!  If you want the one I do have it will be $85 plus shipping. Email cadmanken@netzero.net  I will post pics if you want it. Ken Perry     
Cadillac Ken

Ken Perry

Here are the pics of the dr side exhaust manifold. I don't have the other side. Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

rustytractor

A while back I asked if anyone had a pair of manifolds for my '64 Coupe de Ville and Ken Perry came up trumps with one for the drivers side -  he's kept this for me and is about to ship it to Tennessee to go into the trunk of a car I'm shipping back to the UK in the next couple of weeks.

I still need a passengers side manifold but now it's more urgent - someone on the forum told me that they had one but for the life of me I can't find any posts or emails relating to it so I'm asking again if anyone has one I can buy.

Thanks

John Abend

I think it was me you spoke to back then and you can't find the post because it was in PMs.  I had an NOS manifold back then but you passed on it due to cost and shipping.
John Abend

'68 Sedan deVille Hardtop
'74 Eldorado Convertible
'87 Allante Convertible
'15 XTS Platinum VSport

russ austin

Lots of folks have cracked right exh manifolds.  Those who have a crack free exh manifold, have yet to have it crack.  It will crack,, its just a matter of time. It was a poor design.

I have a cracked right 64 exh manifold, that can be welded.  Lots of manifolds have been welded, and still operate today.

If you want to check into this, I also have lots of parts too.   email me at  russ85747@hotmail.com
R.Austin

rustytractor

Quote from: John Abend on March 18, 2016, 11:55:34 PM
I think it was me you spoke to back then and you can't find the post because it was in PMs.  I had an NOS manifold back then but you passed on it due to cost and shipping.

Thanks for the reply John, now I'm shipping a car back the carriage cost gets lost, sits a shame yours have gone but my repaired one is still serviceable so it's no biggie.

rustytractor

Quote from: russ austin on March 22, 2016, 09:16:03 AM
Lots of folks have cracked right exh manifolds.  Those who have a crack free exh manifold, have yet to have it crack.  It will crack,, its just a matter of time. It was a poor design.

I have a cracked right 64 exh manifold, that can be welded.  Lots of manifolds have been welded, and still operate today.

If you want to check into this, I also have lots of parts too.   email me at  russ85747@hotmail.com

Thanks Russ, mine has already been welded and is ok so will do for the time being.

john k

If you don't find the manifolds, I believe I have a good pair. Email me at jjkiv@lightspeed.net John K
John Koresko CLC #28481