News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

WTB: Door Access Panels for a 1949 2 door

Started by Joe V, October 16, 2015, 01:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe V

I need the interior left and right door shell access panels for a 49 two door.  These are the metal panels that attached to the inside of the door before the door panel is attached.

Jay Friedman

Joe, I don't know if those panels for 2-doors and 4-doors are the same or not, because my parts manual doesn't seem to show them (at least I couldn't find them in the book).  Try Joe Cutler 49caddymanemail addresses not permitted who has several 4-door parts cars, the panels for which may be the same or, failing that, could be adapted. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Joe V

Thanks Jay.  The panels on my 4 door parts car appear to be roughly half the size of the opening width on my 2 door but I didn't think about adapting and maybe using two per door.  It looks like it may have had two separate panels per door but I don't have any originals to compare to.  I probably should look a little more thoroughly at the manuals for a picture. 

I'll check with Joe as you suggest to see if he has ideas.

Jay Friedman

Joe, your parts car doesn't look so bad.  Since you won't need them for your convertible, why don't you try to sell its "false grill" stone guards at the front of the rear fenders, the fender skirts and the Fleetwood insignia (in 2 pieces) on the trunk, as these are all unique to Series 60 Special Fleetwoods and someone may need them.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Barry M Wheeler #2189

There was someone last month who was literally begging for the "F" "leetwood" emblem for the trunk. Same year???
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Barry M Wheeler #2189

As I have mentioned before, it may be that this part is the same on 1949 Buick and 1948/49 Olds 98 cars which may be more plentiful on the ground than Cadillacs. Try Bob's Buicks. Good luck.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Joe V

Sadly the fleetwood insignia on my parts car is not very good. If I can get it off in two pieces I will give it away.

Jay, as soon as I can I was planning to offer the stainless trim on the whole car as one package. It is all in really good shape and I would image a 60s owner would like to have a second set. I just don't have enough time to sell many parts and no land to hide parts cars from my wife.  The only trim I will keep is the bottom front fender stainless and hood trim since the rocker trim is too long for my convertible.  All the chrome trim was too far gone to be worth salvaging.  Should be able to offer the stainless for sale in the next few weeks.

The car looks a little different now with the body mostly cut up with salvageable parts removed.  I have to recover the drivetrain and front end and then the big stuff will be off to the scrap yard.  I have not seen many folks having luck unloading frames so I might just offer it for free pickup and then scrap it if there are no takers.

Thanks Barry.  I'll start looking for the Buick version of the interior panels.  Great tip.