News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

1927 LaSalle

Started by Rlamb10769, April 10, 2016, 08:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rlamb10769

Looking for a distributor for a 27, 28 LaSalle 303 cu. in., or where I might find one. My guess most Cadillac and LaSalle 90 degree V8 L head are all the same but not sure. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Richard
R. Lambert

1931 Cadillac 355A V8 Town Sedan (sold)
1932 Packard 900 Light 8 Sedan
1931 Auburn 8-98A Deluxe Phaeton

Joe Konarowski

Just curious are you missing a distributer or is your body cracking and expanding as mine is. I have had to file the body to get a cap on and over the years now my cap is on extremely tight again Two of us hare having new body's cast at the present due to cracking. I have a spare and is in the same condition. 

Here is a listing from the Cadillac / LaSalle parts manual to help ID your distributer.

Rlamb10769

Thanks for the reply Joe, I am trying to find this for a friend so don't have an answer for you. Will contact him and let you know.

Richard
R. Lambert

Carl Fielding

Hi , Richard and Joe , Classic & Exotic Services in Troy , Michigan should be your next stop. They rebuilt the dist. on my 1927 Cadillac and did an absolutely superb job. Replaced the pot metal cases and flyweight with brass , and replaced all necessary internals , sealed bearing , bushing , etc. They can rebuild any old core with any new parts needed. Take a look at what they do at Classicandexotic.com , and give them a call. Ask for Bruce. He is a CLC member. This was the most reasonably priced solution for me , much higher quality , and fast turnaround time. I was so pleased with their fast expert service , that I sent my Cadillac Johnson carb. to them. It had no apparent problems , but it came back in short order better than ever , as they found some issues that most civilians would not know anything about. I hope they can help you , as I believe they are the best in the business.  - Carl

Rlamb10769

R. Lambert