News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1957 Cadillac fuse pannel

Started by 60eldo, August 21, 2016, 04:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

Can someone tell me where its located. All I found was some fuses by the hump at the front close to under the radio. There must be more somewhere
Jon. Kluczynski

Walter Youshock

That's it.  Body, radio, antenna, ac (if equipped), instrument lighting and reverse lamps.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

60eldo

What about cigar lighter,,,,both have no power
Jon. Kluczynski

Roger Zimmermann

If you look at the circuit diagram in the shop manual, you will see that the cigar lighter are protected by a 25 A fuse; the holder has the name "body" on it. If the fuse is not OK, the glove box lamp will not illuminate and no current to the clock among others.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Mike Baillargeon #15848

It's been awhile since I've had a 1957 but, wasn't there a big circuit breaker behind the drivers side kick panel?

I think it fed lots of the body & dash.

Mike

Mike
Baillargeon

Roger Zimmermann

Yes Mike, there is one circuit breaker behind that panel. It's for the seat and electric windows.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

J. Gomez

Quote from: 60eldo on August 21, 2016, 09:45:00 PM
   What about cigar lighter,,,,both have no power

If both cigarette lighters are out (and only them) and they were untouched they may still have the threaded stud Casco inline fuse type on them.  ???

You will need to remove them and check if the inline fuse still in place, it should be a small canister attached at the stud end of the plug.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082