News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1981 Brougham D'Elegance + and -'s $3900

Started by BJM, July 30, 2018, 11:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/d/cadillac-brougham/6645333334.html

Even though I am finding some cars outside of Iowa I would prefer, I am just finding TOO MANY in state that it does not make sense to bring them in (with inherent costs) from too far away. 

Right now I have no Cadillacs but a bit of money saved.  I would like to purchase "2" and NO MORE. 

The right mix of sporty - modern - older - is tough.  Here is one that draws consideration.  I like the colors, I would not mind owning a four door, it doesn't bother me with Cadillacs.  I know this has (I think) the ubiquitous 5.0 Olds V8 which I have owned in Buick LeSabres and found to be OK. 

What other pros and cons are there with this 1991 or similar era Cadillac RWD cars? 

BJM

One of the reasons I want to consider this car is it covers an era with a broad brush in my opinion. If I own - for instance - a 1969 Fleetwood or nice SdV, is it practically any different visually from a 1991 Cadillac?  In my opinion, not enough.  I know some will disagree, and I DO see the subtle differences between 1969 and 1991 BUT overall, we are talking about conservative 3 box styling. 

That's why I don't see the reason overall to leave the state of Iowa.  Why get a car out of Tennessee (to randomly pick a state) because it's a 1975 Fleetwood - which I moderately appreciate over this 1991) if it costs me quite a chunk to have it delivered and I may not be able to lay eyes on it? 

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

It's a 1991 which means the 5.0 liter is the Chevrolet 305 FI which replaced the 307 Olds 4 bbl this model year with a significant increase in horsepower.

Asking price seems reasonable from what can be seen. I think the driver's side front bumper is pushed back a bit into the wheel opening area which is easily corrected. Looks like a patch of paint came off the driver side rear door body trim. Interior & seating look nice and the power antenna is retracted and still has the original fender ring which are also good signs.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute