News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Is anyone reproducing bakelite control knobs on 39 LaSalle?

Started by LaSalle5019, October 08, 2018, 03:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaSalle5019

I just purchased a 1939 LaSalle Sedan and need two of the control knobs and was wondering if anyone had reproduced these.
Scott

Tom Boehm

Hello Scott, There was a guy named Dan Whalen who reproduced those but unfortunately he died recently. You can try Bruce Berghoff at   231-889-3343    or   berghoff@chartermi.net. He sells hard to find pre war cosmetic parts for Cadillacs and Lasalles. Perhaps you can make your own with "sil-putty" mold making material. https://www.vandykes.com/silputty/p/206038/.  I have used this stuff for reproducing the ornament on antique picture frames. great stuff. The same website sells Pour a Kast epoxy to pour into the mold.
1940 Lasalle 50 series

John Washburn CLC 1067 Sadly deceased.

Hello,

On my 37 LaSalle I went to the Chevy vendors and they reproduce the exact sames knobs for Chevy and other parts.

I used the Fillikng Station out of Oregon.

The Johnnt
John Washburn
CLC #1067
1937 LaSalle Coupe
1938 6519F Series Imperial Sedan
1949 62 Series 4 Door
1949 60 Special Fleetwood
1953 Coupe DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille
1992 Eldorado Touring Coupe America Cup Series