News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Found the trick for car shows

Started by Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373, October 13, 2018, 03:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Now that I have a whopping 9 shows under my belt (alternator) I know The Ark will always be at a huge disadvantage until the body is 'done'. The roof/headliner gets done this winter, paint next winter. At the bigger shows like Heritage and Hyannis Father's Day this year, the 'right' cars won, they were real show cars. At the smaller club shows, unless you're a member of the club, you're screwed. UNLESS you show up with a killer, like the guy with the showroom '69 Shelby at the "Blast From The Past" show. The muscle cars will always have the advantage, at least around here. Its all good. When The Ark is 'done' I'd like to try an all/only Cadillac show. Until then, I'm just building a learning curve with every event I take The Ark to. My favorite part of any show is the people reliving their childhood or remembering a dear friend or relative when they see The Ark. That makes my day, that makes it all worth while. And I'm a trophy/ribbon $lut, my horses were winners, my dogs were winners, when I competed professionally I was a winner. I don't have that same need to succeed with The Ark, I'm just blessed to be owned by it and enjoy it.

Can't wait for shows next year!!!

\m/
Laurie

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

metalblessing

I agree, most of the shows I have taken my 68 hearse to have been small shows, and a few church shows. Alot of them are benefit shows for charity. I dont go to these shows with expectations of winning, I go to these shows because I know most people dont get the opportunity to see a vintage hearse up close so I want to give everyone the chance to see it. I answer questions and educate those willing to listen on the history of hearses and combination cars etc. Most people really seem interested. I even let them take a picture sitting on the back.

To my surprise i did win a trophy at my first show. It was a local elks club show. At this show they tried to rearrange the categories so as many people as possible could get trophies. I knew it was meaningless, and it was junky plastic, but it was still nice.

Congratulations
1968 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Hearse/Ambulance Combination

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Exactly.
Kind of like those ugly pictures your kids drew and gave to you. I couldn't tell if it was a duck or a mountain (sorry kids, just telling it like it is) but I still stuck them on the refrigerator anyway........ and after a while they accidentally fell off and tore/got ruined.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille