News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1958 Station Wagon $6500

Started by BJM, November 05, 2018, 10:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d/rare-1958-cadillac-hearse/6740959677.html

Yes it's a professional car, a Hearse per the seller but when I 1st saw that photo with glass all the way back and around, I thought that's a Cadillac Sation wagon!  That's exactly how I would restore it. I would secure a 62 sedan back seat and put that in so it looked right.  I would do the "Town and Country" wood slats in back.

Yep this is a defacto Cadillac stationwagon, and that would be cool!

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

My guess it is (or was) Miller Meteor ambulance based on the original colors of white roof over red and the rear roofline.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

BJM

What I find striking is the roofline, which is low and sleek compared to your photo.  Big turnoff owning a true ambulance or funeral car with that bulbous roof -in my opinion, I mean no disrespect to professional car owners - so the roofline on the car in the ad is interesting.