News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Cadillac on social media

Started by Glaswegian, July 24, 2019, 04:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

You are correct, the hedgehog paws can fit a keyboard.

;D
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on July 25, 2019, 10:57:18 AM
Everyone,

We as moderators are only acting on the directives set to us by the board.  They come up with the rules.  We're just the folks in the trenches doing the day to day stuff. 

If people are displeased with the rules, by all means, express your concern to your local board member to bring it forth to the national meeting for discussion and follow up with them to see what the outcome was. 

And don't forget to wait years for any resolution.

I'm not holding my breath.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

cadillacmike68

Quote from: 35-709 on July 25, 2019, 04:20:49 PM
"Anyway how are we going to find out the status of the Ark....Lynn"

:)  Join Facebook.

No way.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

cadillacmike68

Quote from: David Greenburg on July 25, 2019, 06:20:45 PM
The trolls and keyboard warriors are here as well as on FB.  If you can’t handle misguided personal attacks from ignoramuses, you pretty much need to stay off the internet. FB has its place, and I will admit to spending more time than I should there, but i do not take it very seriously for car info, or much else. Also, for anyone not on FB and thinking about it, bear in mind that pretty much any information you share is being monetized by someone, and that FB is in the business of facilitating that.  The issues with financial scams, privacy,  political manipulation etc. are just collateral damage to the powers that be at FB. I am far more comfortable entering into financial transactions for Cadillac parts, as well as trusting advice, from members here than I would be with someone I “met” on FB, where there is zero accountability, and it is easy to have a false identity.  You don’t even have to be human; I know numerous animals with FB pages.

Our Yorkie, Skylar, has a FB page, but we do not...
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

D.Smith

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on July 25, 2019, 10:57:18 AM

If people are displeased with the rules, by all means, express your concern to your local board member to bring it forth to the national meeting for discussion and follow up with them to see what the outcome was.

The board will never vote to allow negative posts to be made about vendors.  They know that these vendors are club members (who pay dues) who take out large ads in the Self Starter (bring in big money).   They would rather keep the money coming in than protect members from unscrupulous vendors. 

This isn't about litigation.  The board could simply insist that the clubs message board have a disclaimer on every page that says :  "The opinions shared here are of the person and not the club."

russ austin

Does the CLC have a facebook page?  Maybe it should if it does not.  Facebook is huge, and I frequent several Cadillac sites daily. I make several contact about parts on a daily basis.  My son says Facebook is for old people, but I don't see any teeny boppers driving classic cadillacs.

It is the old saying of, get with the times, or get left behind.
R.Austin

D.Smith

Quote from: russ austin on July 26, 2019, 07:33:08 AM
My son says Facebook is for old people.

The 20 somethings at work say the same thing.    They liked Facebook until their parents and older relatives got on it.     They now prefer Instagram and snapchat so they can post naughty pics and raunchy chat without their family seeing it.  Most can't be bothered with using the posting settings to filter out who sees what. 

The Tassie Devil(le)

Does the CLC have a facebook page?  Maybe it should if it does not.  Facebook is huge, and I frequent several Cadillac sites daily. I make several contact about parts on a daily basis.  My son says Facebook is for old people, but I don't see any teeny boppers driving classic cadillacs.

It is the old saying of, get with the times, or get left behind.
Quote from: D.Smith on July 26, 2019, 06:45:52 AM
The board will never vote to allow negative posts to be made about vendors.  They know that these vendors are club members (who pay dues) who take out large ads in the Self Starter (bring in big money).   They would rather keep the money coming in than protect members from unscrupulous vendors.   
•   No disparaging remarks or personal attacks against fellow forum members, club members, club directors & officers, forum moderators, or any business will be tolerated.  Discussion threads containing such remarks will be removed, and may result in the loss of the poster's privilege to post on the CLC Message Board.
As you can see, the "no Negative Posts is not just concerning Club Members, but anyone and everyone, be it a business or whatever.   Not all Vendors are Club Members.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

The Tassie Devil(le)

The Club does have a Facebook Page, and has had for a while.

It can be accessed by going to the bottom of the Home Page and hitting the Facebook "F" sign.

Call me old fashioned, but to me, Facebook reminds me of the chatter when CB Radios became a hit with everyone.   Not for me.   And yes, do I have a Facebook account?   Yes, but only for family stuff.

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

76eldo

WOW...
I am on here a lot and I missed whatever happened.  So one of our more enthusiastic members with a great love for her car has left over a misunderstanding?  That's pretty sad.

People that are not on Facebook and have no idea about how deep into the web Facebook had penetrated are missing out.  I have daily communication with lots of people that I would probably never be in touch with otherwise.  There are thousands of car pages on there, dozens of really good Cadillac pages.  They are FULL of younger Cadillac fans.  I try to be an ambassador for the CLC and invite people to join.

What is the downside to reading posts on Facebook that also pertain to Cadillac ownership and restoration?  Lots of local show information too.

Facebook is like a newspaper.  Read what you want and skip what you don't want to read.  That's the way I look at it.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Jim Miller

I signed onto the CLC Facebook last evening. I was asked if I was a CLC member before I was approved to join in. Lot of photos, comments, local items, cars for sale. Also a lot of names I've not seen on the forum. Seems like the place to go for photos and videos. But, I like to read the technical questions and answers on the forum. And if I have a question or want to research a question, I'm on the forum. Unfortunately,  pre-50's posts seem to be fewer and fewer, but those that do come up are on the forum.
Jim Miller

1941 6219
1949 6237X
1970 CDV
2021 XT6
Past:
1991 SDV
1999 DeElegence
2006 DTS
2013 XTS
2016 SRX

russ austin

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on July 26, 2019, 08:05:39 AM
•   No disparaging remarks or personal attacks against fellow forum members, club members, club directors & officers, forum moderators, or any business will be tolerated.  Discussion threads containing such remarks will be removed, and may result in the loss of the poster's privilege to post on the CLC Message Board.
As you can see, the "no Negative Posts is not just concerning Club Members, but anyone and everyone, be it a business or whatever.   Not all Vendors are Club Members.

This is exactly why members leave. The CLC puts the dollar signs above the members. You said it, not me. Just like a major company who has a board of directors looking out for its profits instead of its employees. The company will and does falter.
R.Austin

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Hello Laurie:

I think I speak for many of us here on the Forum.
Rest assured you are very welcome here.

Don't be a stranger.  We love your stories and your
witty remarks.  Drop a line and let us know how you
and the Ark are doing from time to time.

Above all, we're here as a resource for any help we 
can be as you continue with your restoration project.

All the best,

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Abe Lugo

Well,  Thanks for posting the IG account for cadillacsales I hadn’t thought to search that.  IG AND twitter are the best places to get you own soapbox and still be part of social media.  I quit FB years ago now it is like a flagrant spam page.  I like the groups aspect but you still have sift through spam.
One thing you guys can always #hashtag things in your IG postings.  I do #1941cadillac on my IG posting with my cast.  Then also tag @cadillaclasalleclub so you can also follow hashtags on IG.  That is how I have been finding other 1941 owners.
As far as this forum and the club.... yeah there are issues.  But which club doesn’t have them.  I just tell them to look at other clubs and find what works on their their forums.   There many forums that have been around online for 25+ years, it would be good if they would note what works for them and implement some of those process that work here.  The other thing is as time moves on those old ideas will move on. So it just a matter of time.
Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

Cape Cod Fleetwood

My eloquent post was immediately deleted, what a surprise right?

Right now I have to get The Ark ready for an event tonight. I think more people need to spend more
time working on and driving their cars, just a thought, hope it wasn't "disparaging".

My response to this and the email I received from Bill Hedge will be all over Facebook later tonight when
I get home.

Waiting for this post to be deleted in 3... 2... 1....

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

z3skybolt

All one has to do....

....is comply with the rules of this site and all will be fine.  About three years ago I posted a picture of my non-Cadillac/LaSalle historical, luxury, vehicle. I wasn't thinking. A moderator reminded me of the rules and asked me to take it down.  I apologized and did so. My error.

Only a few simple rules here....among them is prohibited political commentary. That is a hard one for me as I am a political junkie.  But I can take those discussions elsewhere and so can others.

This forum is an incredible source of information, experience and assistance.  Thanks to the moderators for keeping that way.

Bob R.
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

chrisntam

Quote from: z3skybolt on July 27, 2019, 09:42:21 PM
All one has to do....

I still wished you had gone on the driving tour with us.

Have you reserved the host hotel for 2020 in KC?  Do that first, then when the tours are available for sign up, do so electronically, not by mail.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Glaswegian

Abe thank you for commenting on the link I provided, the first one !  ;) I think everyone can see it without becoming a member of IG, please correct me if I'm wrong?

I think it's kind of pointless posting up links that don't work for everyone!

I have found everyone so so helpful on the site, I'm really glad I found it. ;D

I have had several member PM's offering advice and help and not really found any negativity to my not being the kind of owner who wants to make and keep the car 100% original.

Every forum for every subject can have "characters" on them who have very strong opinions about the chosen subject. Take what advice you need and do your own thing. I have had issues with this type of thing in woodworking community forums ( I'm a cabinetmaker ), you'd not believe the online drama that can be caused by dovetail angles, brass hinges or clocking screws ! ::)

Life is short, be nice to everyone and they tend to be nice to you  ;)

D.Smith

Quote from: z3skybolt on July 27, 2019, 09:42:21 PM
All one has to do....

....is comply with the rules of this site and all will be fine. 

Bob R.

Comply because we don't listen to the actual members who want to see changes.

Yes the no Politics rule is a good one. Too many friends became enemies in 2016.

But when club members have been demanding changing the ridiculous vendor feedback policy for years, your comment just proves how out of touch the board is or that they are putting money ahead of protecting members.

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Art, Bob, I don't need to "come back" since I never left. I just spend more time on Facebook.
Blessed? You bet your butt. I have a valid drivers license, I'm young and healthy and have DECADES ahead of me
to drive and enjoy my Cadillac. Which I've taken to 3 events in the last 4 days AND dealt with tornado aftermath. Business is through the roof (before the tornado, you should see it now), my house is paid for, the house I'll be buying in FL I can write a check for. I spend all my money on me (ergo The Ark). If that's not *BLESSED*, I don't know what is. You guys weren't making "derogatory" statements against a woman and/or someone who's religious now, are you? Because that would obviously be against the forum rules...

Cars Under The Stars last night, only the 2nd time I've had The Ark out at night and the first time with the new incandescent headlights I installed and aimed. Live video on my FB page and the CLC FB page. Breakfast car show this morning in Yarmouth, Kalmus Beach show last Wednesday night after the twister. Spend more time driving your cars and less time typing. Hope that statement wasn't "derogatory".

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all