News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Are there any changes with a 77 & 79 425 engine and transmission?

Started by guyrobert, October 11, 2019, 02:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyrobert

I have a dilemma, the 425 in my 79 Phaeton is done and I have obtained and rebuilt a 1970 472.
The project is stalled at my garage because of an injury and a backlog of work.
A fully rebuilt 1977 425 and trans with everything has come up locally for the price of rebuilding my current trans which would need it with the new 472. I am thinking that I could save the 472 for another Coupe Deville project and have a quick drop in with a replacement rebuilt 77. Are there any differences between the years or is it plug and play?
Thanks in advance
Robert
https://images.craigslist.org/00S0S_kzyG9el3e0R_600x450.jpg
1979 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance
1979 Coupe De Ville Phaeton
1957 Eldorado Biarritz
Robert Simpson

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Robert
With the possible exception of wiring connections the 77 combo will fit without mods.
Greg surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

guyrobert

Thanks I thought it would, just wanted to be sure before I change plans again...
For the price of rebuilding my current trans it seems like too good a deal to pass up.
The budget on this build is currently at triple the initial purchase price, but that's life with old Caddys!
1979 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance
1979 Coupe De Ville Phaeton
1957 Eldorado Biarritz
Robert Simpson