News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Carl 61 Fleetwood Phyllis

Started by Clewisiii, January 20, 2020, 09:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clewisiii

And there is the stickers on the air cleaners. By the book they should be more to the left. Even though my original was actually on the right of the snorkel.
20240926_170807.jpg

The sticker is a little annoying. Screen print would be better.

20240926_170825.jpg

One oil breather is my original that was rusty and dented up. I did my best hammering it back.

The other is a reproduction that I bought from The Mother Brain.

20240926_171824.jpg

And now I have spares to pack away.

20240926_172014.jpg
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Clewisiii

Looking through Hagerty for a restoration insurance policy. I think it is time for that coverage at least.

That did not pop up but I did get a computer quote for a $40,000 guaranteed value coverage. $623 a year. I don't know if that would cover me while restoring the car, I need to look in to it. But that coverage would allow me to get a plate.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Clewisiii

Restoration insurance is $254 a year.

Clewisiii

Those little details that hang around and bug you.

I need to get a container of black plastidip so that I can coat my battery hold down like original.

20241001_195147.jpg

The Tassie Devil(le)

Sounds like you might need a bigger garage. ;)  ;)

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Clewisiii

Little steps must be celebrated just as much as the big steps, if you want to keep up momentum and enthusiasm.

My headliner bow retainers are cleaned up. My bows are still in the original headliner. I need to pull them out one at time to clean them then install into the pockets in my new headliner. I don't want to mix them up. 20241002_193348.jpg