News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1973 Eldorado Wiring Diagram

Started by Highwayman68, March 19, 2020, 07:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highwayman68

I am helping a friend with electrical issues on his 73 Eldorado convertible. I purchased the CD version of the shop manual from Faxon but the wiring diagrams are completely unreadable. Can some one please provide these wiring diagrams.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

Cadman-iac

Hi Mark,
I believe I have a complete schematic for that year. I'll dig it out and post a picture of it for you just as soon as I can get moving here this morning.

Rick

PS: Ok, here's what I have for a 73 Eldorado. This is the main harness schematic.
  There's also one just for the A/C circuits, the cruise control, wipers, twilight system, and the door lock as well.
   Just let me know if you want any of the other ones.
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Remember,  no matter where you go, there you are.

TJ Hopland

Sad to hear that the CD's are apparently still garbage.  You would think by now someone would have made decent scans but it sounds like they just keep re selling the super low quality low tech ones from the dark ages of digital. 

Richard, what manual were those from?   The ones in the 73 Shop manual were in color and a 6 page fold out IIRC.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

The Tassie Devil(le)

The trouble I see with the CD versions is that when enlarging the images, they lose their sharpness as the Pixels don't like it.

With a printed page, it takes a lot longer when enlarging for the image to distort.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Highwayman68

I got a CD of the 68 manuals several years ago from probably a different supplier because I can expand it out to see the smallest details in the wiring diagrams. This one unfortunately is not as good.

Highwayman68

Quote from: Cadman-iac on March 19, 2020, 09:01:09 AM
Hi Mark,
I believe I have a complete schematic for that year. I'll dig it out and post a picture of it for you just as soon as I can get moving here this morning.

Rick

PS: Ok, here's what I have for a 73 Eldorado. This is the main harness schematic.
  There's also one just for the A/C circuits, the cruise control, wipers, twilight system, and the door lock as well.
   Just let me know if you want any of the other ones.

Thanks Rick these are sooooo much better than what I have.

Cadman-iac

Quote from: TJ Hopland on March 19, 2020, 08:50:22 PM

Richard, what manual were those from?   The ones in the 73 Shop manual were in color and a 6 page fold out IIRC.

That's from a Mitchell's manual that covers 70 to 74. I didn't have a 73 shop manual or I would have posted a picture of it. I do have a 74 and a 72 shop manual if you want a copy of the schematic from one of them. Just let me know.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Remember,  no matter where you go, there you are.