News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1979 Sedan deVille $6,995 in NJ

Started by colinlikens, May 22, 2020, 04:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Landi

I fully appreciate all of the input, even the peppery comments,  from you guys-- you bring a good deal of practice, pragmatism, and problem solving to your commentary, and having fallen in love and paid way too much for a "dolled up beater," it's a good reminder for me, personally, not to fall prey to  cynical sales pitches. I'm especially saddened when someone hawks a "low mileage" example on an old style odometer that clearly indicates the length some folks will go to cheat.   Let's please keep these conversations going, remind one another that we appreciate all of the input, and always be sensitive to not piling on a member's car when he/she wishes to sell on this site. We've seen some glorious examples of CLC members' near perfection offerings, as well as some nicely maintained clc members' cars that a fairly priced, still very serviceable, and may be candidates for restoration.  I have sold two cars on this site, and, in both cases,come to a reasonable understanding of just what I was presenting and how much another member was willing to pay.  It is a very gratifying to know that your beloved car is going to a member who will care for it.  With regard to most of the other sales that members bring to this site, it's always interesting to speculate where these decades old cars have "lived," and who the individuals are trying to sell them, and just "what" is being offered for the price.   Again, thank you for improving my knowledge base as well as keeping me entertained.   Happy day, James

Matt CLC#18621

Me thinks you confuse Saddle Brook, NJ - BERGEN County NJ ZIP Code 07663
with Saddle River, NJ - BERGEN County NJ ZIP Code 07458.

I am within shouting distance off of Route 208 South if anyone wants me to visit the 79 Sedan deVille.

Regards,

matt CLC#18621
i am 2nd

Quote from: James Landi on May 23, 2020, 08:10:11 AM
SOmeone in the Saddlebrook area (one of the most affluent zip codes in N. America) took great care of this car.  We already know the headliner was replaced, and, as mentioned, perhaps the entire upholstery... so, assuming that it has no frame rust-through and that everything works, it's a very nice example... thanks for posting, James