News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

49 blower motor number needed

Started by gnorden, July 16, 2020, 06:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnorden

Hi, my heater/defroster blower motor on my 49 60 Special is kaput and needs replacing.  Does anyone have a parts book that lists the model number required.  I believe I will be looking for a Delco product.

Jeff Hansen

Which heating system do you have?  The Automatic Heating System or the Ventilating Defrosting Heater?  There are different part numbers for the motors depending on which you have. 

Jeff

Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Jay Friedman

Quote from: gnorden on July 16, 2020, 06:31:33 PM
Hi, my heater/defroster blower motor on my 49 60 Special is kaput and needs replacing.  Does anyone have a parts book that lists the model number required.  I believe I will be looking for a Delco product.

If you have the automatic system Jeff mentions with 2 motors under the front seat, the 2 underseat motors are part no. 504 7611 and the firewall mounted defroster motor is 504 7582.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

gnorden

That's right.  I am trying to replace the firewall mounted defroster motor.  I have checked my usual sources and cannot locate a 5047582 model. 

Jay Friedman

Try Joe Cutler 49caddymanemail addresses not permitted or Dennis Akerman who is listed in the CLC directory in N. Hampshire or Arizona Vintage Parts.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

gnorden

Thanks for the referrals Jay.  Dennis Akerman had the correct NOS one on the shelf, and it is now on the way to me in California.