News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Wasn’t someone here looking for a ‘40 Cadillac/LaSalle?

Started by Steve W, October 25, 2020, 06:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve W

No affiliation, and no interest, and I don’t know ANYTHING about these cars, but I saw this on Facebook marketplace:
1940 Cadillac LaSalle FOR SALE
I thought I read that someone on this forum was looking for something like this?
Looks like it’s in Indiana.
Not many pics and no description, so I don’t know if it’s sketchy or not.
But if you’re looking for a car like this it might be worth a look?
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

chrisntam

It is z3skybolt.  His post is currently atop the stack of current posts now.  I see z3skybolt, my brain reads it as 23 skybolt.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

z3skybolt

thanks Guys,

I am aware of the one on Facebook Marketplace and the one on ebay in Oregon.  Just wish those who have cars for sale would post more important information rather than relying on nice pictures. But I follow up anyway.

Thanks for all your help. Sooner or later .......

Bob
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

chrisntam

Here's a pic of one of them.  It looks rather nice.  I won't post a link, no need to create undue competition for our friend Mr. Bob.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

z3skybolt

Thanks for the thought,

Posting the link would be in the character of our organization that other's might consider the LaSalle.  I will not bid anywhere close to market value as I am uncomfortable with the format and would never spend $30 or 40 thousand for a vehicle that I had not seen, evaluated and driven.  I recently placed a lowball bid on a 39 LaSalle comparable to this 1940 and the 39 sold for $28,500.00 on classicpromenade.  I would anticipate this 1940 going for a similar price.

I've driven over 2,000 miles total looking at options already.  Even as a retired airline captain I am uncomfortable traveling on an airliner during Covid. So my search will probably be limited to within 7 or 800 miles of Missouri.....driving range or a thousand miles in my little, single engine airplane

Thank you and others for the kind thoughts anyway.

Bob R.

chrisntam

It boggles my mind as to why the seller has the dubbed music volume at 11 when he is taking a video of the engine running...  Can't really even hear it running.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Big Fins

Quote from: chrisntam on October 25, 2020, 11:57:01 PM
It boggles my mind as to why the seller has the dubbed music volume at 11 when he is taking a video of the engine running...  Can't really even hear it running.

That's the mentality of people today. Either that or they are trying to cover up a tick that may become a knock.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue Fire Mist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

z3skybolt

Quote from: chrisntam on October 25, 2020, 11:57:01 PM

When I responded to the seller I complained about the music obscuring the engine  sounds and asked if I could see/hear a video without the music.  No response so far.  In addition to being irritating it makes me suspicious.  Sellers do that all the time even when recording video of the vehicle being driven.

It's hell being a dinosaur.....

Bob

harry s

It's a beautiful car. I tried to listen to the engine with the music and I thought
(maybe my imagination) I could hear lifter noise. As speculated that could be strategic. I'm with you Bob, must see in person.     Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

In the pictures this car looks fairly nice.  It has the correct 1940 LaSalle hubcap emblems but has 41 and up hubcaps.  Why would someone do that.  If for some reason you had a set of new 41 caps sell them and get the correct 39-40 LaSalle ones which are still available.  Emblems at one time were being made but don't see anyone with them now.
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo