News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

2nd Person Dealer Ads in the For Sale Section

Started by BJM, October 27, 2020, 09:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Chris,

You have an email which explains.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

wrefakis

post a good car here it will sell
bought 65 Eldo here last summer
but do get tired of reposted ads and tire kick practice
if a dealer had the car i am seeking i would be happy to find it here

59-in-pieces

I always seem to be late to the party lately.

I have purchased my fair share of parts over the years (no whole cars), some from members here on the site, but far more by eBay, and the like, by searching specifically what I wanted at the time.

However, like others have written, I think there is nothing wrong with having a member post an ad from whomever - private party or dealer - saying "NOT MINE" or the like - which I often pull up from the link for the fun of it, to broaden my knowledge about our hobby.

Perhaps barring Commercial Auto Dealers from directly posting, may be a compromise.
But, take a moment if you will to remember that our own magazine allows direct commercial enterprises to directly take out advertising for parts, restoration, and out-an-out car sales.
Why are they exempt from this discussion, or do they have some good-o'l-boy Favored Nation status.
As my wife reminds me - from time to time - what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Have fun,
Steve B.

I find it a bit Big Brotherish to have individuals make censure decisions in "my name" as a member of this group.
S. Butcher

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on November 02, 2020, 01:57:17 PM
Perhaps barring Commercial Auto Dealers from directly posting, may be a compromise.
Steve B.
G'day Steve,

Commercial Dealers are barred from posting in the normal Forums, which is why a separate area for them was instituted at the bottom of the screen.   When scrolling down, there is an area solely for them.   And, being Commercial, they do have to pay for the space, as they do in the Self Starter.   But you will notice that not many do when it comes to this Forum.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

cadillacmike68

Wow, This one ended up strange. Too bad we lost a forum member. Maybe he'll be back...
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike