News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Replacing Motor Mounts on 69 Eldorado

Started by Loveofclassics78, March 29, 2021, 01:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loveofclassics78

Good morning.  I've got my newly rebuilt motor mounts from Steele Rubber, ready to be put on.
I'm replacing the Front Mount and the two rear mounts on the back of the transmission.  Who's done this before?  Any thing to look out for?  This job seems pretty simple, I just wanted to prevent any hangups.

Thanks,
Don

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Don,

When replacing the front one, make sure that the fan does not strike the fan shroud as you raise the front of the engine to be able to slip the new one in.

If the old ones are so bad that they have collapsed, then you will need to raise the engine higher than it is now.

Might be a good idea to also loosen the Exhaust Manifold to Engine pipe nuts to enable everything to not get strained, then re-tighten them afterwards.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Loveofclassics78

Thanks for the response, Bruce! I appreciate the tips.