News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Anybody here rebuild master cylinders?

Started by 2 Devilles, September 16, 2022, 12:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 Devilles

I just replaced the master cylinder in my '70 Coupe Deville with a new unit, so there was no core charge.  So I've ended up with my (I believe) original master cylinder just sitting around.  I'd hate to scrap it, so if anyone here rebuilds them, I'd let it go for the price of shipping.  Just don't want a vintage piece to go to waste.  You can either respond here or message me.  Thanks,

Lucas
Lucas Johnson

1960 Coupe Deville
1970 Coupe Deville
1972 Mach 1 Mustang
1974 F100 2wd
1977 F250 Highboy
1994 F250 4x4

TJ Hopland

If you want to 'save' it you will at the least want to try and flush the brake fluid out if it with brake clean.   Ideally disassemble it so you can be sure all the fluid is out and maybe even apply some sort of anti rust film.

If you do nothing in a few months it will probably have rusted up enough that it would be difficult to take apart and it doesn't take a lot longer for it to really get stuck to the point it may not be worth rebuilding anymore.       
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason