News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1974 CDV

Started by badpoints, April 20, 2023, 01:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

Next to 1966, my favorite post war year and I appreciate the seller doing as much mechanical work as possible. 

Would have to be seen in person. Mileage is a bit high for 10,000. No seller seems to want to complete the job and get new fillers done. 
CLC 35000

James Landi

Looks to have had a lot of TLC, and as Bryan sagaciously opines, the price is a "high ask."  Money talks-- I'd go visit it--- the seller's "summer car plans have changed"... likely needs an expensive auto temp control and an entire a/c rebuild. ("all it needs is a charge"--- it never, never needs only a charge!)  what's more than likely, as follows: new comnpressor, accumulator dryer, expansion valve and 134a conversion, and that's assuming the other components have integrity.  Then, if the automatic controller doesn't work, that's a lot more time and sorting out. It may have been equipped with an automatic level control--- just a guess based on the way the car is sitting.  I love the general condition, but I'd hate to be facing a climate control expense, and I'd never be happy with the car without it---so a close inspection, and arriving at the cost of getting necessary items fixed, and then a discount on the ask.  This seller is realistic, and wants to cash out.  Bryan always finds attractive cars!   James