News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Need wiring diagram for 1947 Cadillac convertible windows

Started by BryanM, May 24, 2024, 09:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BryanM

Is there any chance one of you fine folks could send me the wiring diagram for the windows on a 1947 Cadillac convertible. The wires were just taped off when the door panel was taken apart. Thanks!
Bryan

tluke

Not sure what year ('49 or '52?) this diagram is but it shows the hydra-lectric window and convertible top connections and the wiring was cloth-covered so the colors are probably the same. The window switches should be marked with the M, B, and C letters as shown in the diagram. M  = Motor (up) switch. B = Battery (always on power) and C = Cylinder (down, i.e. wire coming from the cylinder inside the door) In case the color of the wires is hard to distinguish on a car that is 77 years old, the cylinder wire coming from the in-door cylinder will be obvious. It also splices to the wire that goes back to the main driver's door switch.  The Battery wire should have power to it so also easy to identify. That leaves only the Motor wire which will obviously be the remaining wire (it goes back through a circuit breaker to the hydraulic motor on the firewall).

In case just hooking up the wires doesn't result in fully functional windows, here is my post with some trouble-shooting tips and which also includes this wiring diagram for hydra-lectric windows/top:
https://forums.cadillaclasalle.club/index.php?topic=174428.msg556199#msg556199 That's my post but check out the whole thread if you need to.

HydroLectric1952Wiring.jpg
click to enlarge

1955 Cadillac Series 75
1957 Continental Mark II
1986 Ford F250