News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

PTO Vintage Ato information

Started by Clewisiii, May 26, 2024, 08:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clewisiii

Does anyone have any experience with this company. The website does not say much about themselves. But it does say that for a fair price they will restore the trunk pull down.

http://www.ptovintageauto.com/services.html

I know I have heard others complain about a restorer who held onto pull down motors for a very long time. Or just didn't do the work and stopped communicating.
Screenshot_20240526_202347_Chrome~2.jpg
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Lars

They've done 6 pull downs for me over the years. If you send a good core, you get it back within a month. If it's not a good core, missing pieces or burned up, they will let you know it needs parts etc, and will do what they can to get it fixed.

2 of what I sent were not good cores, 1 took about 2 months, the other 4 months. They will source the missing pieces, and will try to keep the cost down. For the longer return time, they warned me it may take time to find pieces, as they were the same parts that were usually missing.

I would recommend them to anyone. I have worked with others, and it wasn't always a great experience.

If I knew how to upload pictures or videos, I would.

Clewisiii

"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering