News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Wheel chocks

Started by Caddyholic, August 11, 2024, 08:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ Hopland

They weren't the screw type of scissors.  They used the ratcheting style bar that the 70's bumper jacks used but it was horizontal and that was what actuated the scissors mechanism.  They were unique to their model in that they had different tops that engaged different areas of the specific models.  Often it was something like a hole in the frame but it could have been some other bracket. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

bcroe

Those bumper jacks are dangerous, I looked around
the salvage yard and found scissor frame jacks for
all my 70s cars.  Also put real spares in any car
not already so equipped.  Bruce Roe

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

According to a CLC member in a past post, the wheel chock (wedge) is listed in the Authenticity Manual for 1946/1947 and in another post, Barry Wheeler suggests it also was included in 1941. So at least from 1941 to 1979, maybe even earlier.  The redesigned 1979 Eldorado may have gotten the new frame jack without wedge.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute