News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

57 Brougham RH Exhuast manifold casting number

Started by GBrown #8092, September 17, 2024, 11:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBrown #8092

Does anyone happen to know what the casting number is on a 57 Brougham right side exhaust manifold?

Mine is cracked and leaking (loudly). But I can't seem to see what the casting number is. I believe I have a source for one, but his stock is all mixed.

Thanx in advance

Glenn

Lexi

Hello "Pres". The Broughams had their own parts manual, 1957 - 1960, (I don't own a copy), but the 1957 Cadillac Master Parts List that I consulted noted part #146 5051 (RH) for 1957 Cadillac cars.

The 1961 MPL cited part #146 9298, (RH side), as the same for both 1957 and 1958 cars. No mention of Brougham exclusion or of other Cadillac model exclusions either. Again, there is a separate parts manual for Broughams, but that does not necessarily imply that this part is unique.

While I can't guarantee that the part numbers provided pertain to the 1957 Brougham, they are perhaps a start to work with. I am also not sure if the numbers I quoted are also cast into the manifold or not. My experience is that some of these MPL numbers are replicated on the part, while others are not. So the above noted numbers even if they apply to the Brougham, may not help if they are not cast into the manifold as you will have no cross-reference. Hope some of this helps. Clay/Lexi

Clewisiii

I am just waiting for David King to chime in.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Warren Rauch #4286

There nothing in the special Brougham parts book on exhaust manifolds. That means it is the same as all other production.  I don't have the casting number. Someone must have one off.

While on the subject of Broughams. Did they have their own owner's manual? I've never seen one,but have heard they did.

Warren

David King (kz78hy)

Yes, Brougham had their own owners manual.

Exhaust manifolds are carryover standard cars.  2 different P/N's for 57 & 58 (RH), not sure what the difference is...maybe deleting the boss for the generator.  EB generator is on the LH side.

I am going to pull my RH hand one as well as I've had a leak forever and am tired of it.
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region