News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Road Trip!

Started by 35-709, Yesterday at 09:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

35-709

What it takes to drive two people, two days from Vero Beach, FL, to Biloxi, MS; spend five or six days there doing the weeklong "Cruisin' the Coast" car "event", (https://cruisinthecoast.com/)  and then drive two days back home, in Big Red, with no trunk --- but a huge back seat area.
          In the first pic., the blue beach towel on the seat protects the leather upholstery, on top of that is a folding chair - next, the beige towel, on top of that is another folding chair.  The beige towel to prevent rattles between the two chairs.  On top of the folding chair(s) will be 5 or 6 towels for cleanup and show and shine.  On the left is a gallon of mixed antifreeze, and a fresh water spray bottle for touchup cleaning.  Next to them in the middle of the floor is my black canvas tool bag.  Over near the other door is a plastic box with extra oil, a small bottle of power steering fluid, a spare fan belt, and who knows what else I jammed in there - oh yeah, a 12 volt plug-in-the-cigarette-lighter-outlet tire inflator.  Unseen is a heavy duty screw type frame jack (sorta fits under the front seat from the back) for a flat tire emergency, and a folding lug wrench.  In all of our 40,000+ mile journeys since 2011 we haven't suffered a flat tire yet --- now I have jinxed myself.
          Second pic., same as the first but with our suitcases loaded in. The suitcases are empty (we don't leave 'til Friday) but I needed to do a trial loading run to make sure we could get everything in OK, and see where it would have to go.  If we can make do with smaller suitcases, or just one big one, that will be fine, but at least I know we can go with the max if we want or need to.  Going with 5 other AACA members from here in Vero, all of them in resto-mods.
        Just 2 old folks having a good time while we can.  Or, as my wife would say, 2 old folks driving around in an old car eating stuff.
There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".  Dave Barry.   I walk that line.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - now back home as of 9/2024
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Joe Jensen

Thank you for sharing.  Enjoy the cruise and please share what you can from the cruise as well.

Good luck!
Joe