News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

reproduction door sill plates

Started by nasser, October 12, 2006, 04:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nasser

Hi all:
  I am considering buying reproduction sill plates for my 1947 conv. and my 1939 60 special from Cadillac Parts Ltd. owner Mike Gadaleto their phone # 856-753-6788 they say that they advertise in Hemmings. Price for the convertible is $375.00 and for the 4dr is also $375.00 and delivery after eight months of hiring which mandate $100.00 downpayment for each set. The question, any one of you guys ever dealt with this firm? are the prices couted here fair? any insight about repro sill plates for this vintage is really appreciated. Thanks to all.
Dr. Nasser,

nasser

Forgot to say that they mentioned president of the cadillac lasalle club Bill Edmonds as a reference in thier correspondence with me. Regards.
Dr. Nasser,

Don Boshara #594

You might check with Coopers Vintage Auto Parts 818-567-4140, coopersvintage.com. My dealings with them have been very satisfactory. They list sill plates for a good bit less.

Jeff Hansen, #4225

Another company that reproduces door sill plates is

Doorsills, LLC
North Haledon, NJ
Donald Kuehn
Phone: (973) 423-1196

They were just at the Hershey swap meet with a very sizable display of reproduction sills.  

I have not done business with them, so cant vouch for them, but it is a lead for you.

HTH,
Jeff

Bill Kaufman # 15225

Hey Don,  I just got off the phone with Bob at Coopers and was able to purchase a set of sills for around 75-100 bucks cheaper than anywhere else I have tried.     Thank you , and my Coupe thanks you!!

nasser

Jeff, Don:
  Thanks for your input Ill try all leads because an eight months waiting is a bit too long. Don, Ive dealt with Bob Cooper since 1986 till now and met the guy several times in his office and resedence in Buena Park, youll not find a fairer and more hones guy in this business, no one can say enough about him in this line. Ill give him a buzz. Regards to all.
Dr. Nasser,

Joe 12138

Its my understanding that doorsills llc IS the outfit that makes them for Coopers and all the rest. Ive got the best price directly from the source! However....I did have to put up with the wait, as I needed them for a 4 door model. The product came through as a perfect fit, looked great, and the people were great to deal with. I recommend them!