News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Back to the Bricks Dust th...
Last post by J. Skelly - Today at 08:50:50 AM
Thanks, Carl, I thought I wasn't imagining the demolition of the old building.  Buick held its 50th Anniversary celebration there. 
Last post by Clewisiii - Today at 08:39:54 AM
Quote from: J. Skelly on Today at 08:36:01 AMhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_Mutual_Association_Auditorium

I just read on their website that the Dort Event Center opened in 1969.

Well that would be a much earlier one. The IMA now Dort Event center I went to in the 90s. Mostly when the Shrine Circus was there. But one of my College graduations was there also.
Last post by Clewisiii - Today at 08:35:28 AM
Inside Dort Event Center for one of the winter Chrome and Ice car shows. 86302207_6y7sLgtSsdAI47IgIpjvNpU6LwR5kcquiXqJb8bxIOA.jpg
Last post by Clewisiii - Today at 08:27:38 AM
Quote from: J. Skelly on Today at 08:14:53 AMI read that the IMA Auditorium became part of Autoworld and was demolished when that tourist attraction was torn down?

No Auto World was downtown. The IMA continued after and changed names several times.

I think the Flint Generals Hockey team plays there still.
Last post by J. Skelly - Today at 08:14:53 AM
Quote from: Clewisiii on Yesterday at 02:04:58 PMThe Dort Event Center. If you remember from long ago it was The old IMA Arena.

In the winter they even do a smaller show inside called Chrome and Ice.
I read that the IMA Auditorium became part of Autoworld and was demolished when that tourist attraction was torn down?
General Discussion / Re: Why Did I Receive This???
Last post by Carfreak - Today at 06:09:26 AM
Quote from: cadillacmike68 on Yesterday at 10:53:20 PMA little paranoid are we??   :P

Maybe but now it is my choice.

And how many Mike Santos are around? Or Reynolds, Hall, Moran, etc.?

I'm afraid you will loose it sooner or later. That nice ornament is at the junction of two elements which may have some relative movement. Screw and epoxy could be the real deal!
General Discussion / Re: Why Did I Receive This???
Last post by Big Fins - Today at 04:38:42 AM
Not so sure in this day and age of weirdos out there that I would call it paranoia. More like self preservation.

I was just reading in the news where the new electric hot water heaters, like about everything else can be controlled by your smartphone with just an email address. Imagine someone obtaining such personal information and shutting off your water heater and then locking it by resetting the access information.

I have such a water heater and made sure the wi-fi was turned off in it and locked it manually.