News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Need 1929 341-B brake shoe adjuster and any real nice ext. trim for a roadster

Started by Mike Baillargeon #15848, August 09, 2013, 06:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Baillargeon #15848

This brake adjuster goes on the backing plate, it controls the cam in the hub that adjusts the brake shoes to open or close.

The Trim I need is any real nice pieces you have left over from a restoration......I want a real nice driver quality if possible.

Thanks,

Mike Baillargeon   #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

yachtflame

Mike,
I have the axels and hubs with backing plates from a 1930 Lasalle sitting in my shop. From my experience, Lasalle's usually had the same parts, just a year later. If you think the part you need would be on my Lasalle backing plate, let me know.
Wayne
yachtflame@yahoo.com
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

Rod Dahlgren #19496

yes, the 30 LaSalle adjusters are the same. Not easy to tell how GOOD they are inside-- The internal cable that can not be inspected can be good-- almost good-- almost bad or broken.
Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Thanks Rod,

I have to track down my man Wayne   aka   Yachtflame before he disappears to the Caribbean.

Mike Baillargeon  #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

yachtflame

Mike,
I've got you on my list. I have 9 people to get parts for. Please keep reminding me as I get side tracked quite easily...even my wife tells me that! I can try to find the part in my Master Parts Catalogue but if you have a picture of the part, I can get to it quicker.
Wayne
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075