News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz bucket seat "car"

Started by lowrider, October 25, 2014, 09:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on February 07, 2016, 08:50:57 PM
... looking at the tags when I think they were on ebay a while back but decided against buying them , think they went for around 2 grand or so ?

A single data tag for a 1960 Biarritz sold for $2,000 on eBay?  :o :o :o
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

rwchatham CLC 21892

Eric, no not a tag what sold was  this frame and engine and tag combo. The O P had it listed on the internet for 3500 and I think it ended up being listed on ebay where the package sold for 2 to 3 thousand if I remember correctly.
R. Waligora

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on February 08, 2016, 11:25:22 AM
Eric, no not a tag what sold was  this frame and engine and tag combo. The O P had it listed on the internet for 3500 and I think it ended up being listed on ebay where the package sold for 2 to 3 thousand if I remember correctly.

Thanks Ray. That is exactly the range I would have expected all the items listed in the original post to have sold for as a lot which the OP was wise to do as opposed to selling separately.

I wonder what the package would have sold for if 1959...

rwchatham CLC 21892

[/quote]

Eric, if it was a 59 package instead of a 60 I would wager it would sell for
10-20 K . That what makes restoring a  a 60 Eldorado a tough choice.  They cost just as much as a 59 to restore but only bring a fraction of what a 59 brings when it is time to sell. Ive done them both and can vouch a nice 59 will have people lined up where a 60 not so much. Personally it would have to be an S O tagged 60 for me to do another..
R. Waligora

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on February 08, 2016, 03:37:45 PM

Eric, if it was a 59 package instead of a 60 I would wager it would sell for
10-20 K . That what makes restoring a  a 60 Eldorado a tough choice.  They cost just as much as a 59 to restore but only bring a fraction of what a 59 brings when it is time to sell. Ive done them both and can vouch a nice 59 will have people lined up where a 60 not so much. Personally it would have to be an S O tagged 60 for me to do another..

Ray...I've always said a '59 sells for twice the money & 5x as fast as a '60.

patton6606@gmail.com

Whit

And here I sit with my Champaign '60 Barritz...you guys make me sad.

Whit

veesixteen

Here's a typical red interior ... but on a WHITE 1960 Eldo Biarritz.

Our friend "luvdg" (aka Marv Friedman) had a silver one for sale, many years ago, but I think it had matching silver trim; the small photo I have of that car does not show the interior well.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

76eldo

Putting together a car that starts with a vin place and a body tag is for the hustlers and flippers.

To me the original motor and frame have to be there for the car to be real.
Even if you use a different body shell, if it's not the original frame and engine it's a bit like Caitlyn Jenner.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)